Author: senoritazhao

Is a license needed to be better parent? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-19 00:18:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1105852048 at 2017-5-19 00:18
Chengking Post time: 2017-5-18 19:48
Don't leave out the grand parents. In a typical Chinese family they are part of the equation, too.

Yes, but often very unfortunate influence. That is the reason China now has all these 'little emperors and empresses'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-19 00:29:13 |Display all floors
It seems to me that perhaps this is not a course to become a licensed parent, but rather course to help with better parenting. Upon completion of such a course a certificate is awarded, but not a license. One does not need a license to become parents. It is a good idea, but I am certain that the new kind of parenting would mostly contradict the influence of the grandparents.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-5-19 03:54:45 |Display all floors
Yup

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-19 08:05:37 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-5-19 00:18
Yes, but often very unfortunate influence. That is the reason China now has all these 'little emper ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-19 08:56:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-19 11:59:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tailorsas at 2017-5-19 13:05

I don't wanna say stupid,but this is a STUPID idea.
So what is the criterion of giving a lisence to a so called "good/better" patent?
Mom A managed to send her child to the college,mom B send her child to Harvard,does that make mom B a better parent?
Mom C offered all she had to and it took 20 years to raise a terminally sick baby into a healthy adult,but she was too poor to offer her adult to high school.
Mom D is very rich and able to offer sufficient money for her child to travel everywhere.
So which mom is a better parent?
Every parent deserves to be respected because he/she is better in something,some can offer funds,some can develop a good personality.Every human being is different,if you want to judge,please judge based on the same personal conditions,which could include a wide range of stuff.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-19 14:51:29 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-5-19 11:59
I don't wanna say stupid,but this is a STUPID idea.
So what is the criterion of giving a lisence to  ...

Actually I posited years ago that parents should be forced to undergo schooling prior to having children so that their offspring are raised in an educated way.

Raising a child is a damn tough job. It is too often not done with the child's best interests at heart. Many parents regard their children as their future providers, others only think of their "right" to put a child into the world. Today the majority of people in developed and semi-developed countries can afford to raise a child without burdening their child with the need to look after his or her parents when they are old. Thus to have a child is for pure love. It should be the legislators' concern to ensure that all children are raised with a fair level of love. Love is unselfish but many things have still tobe learnt. Today parents often have children just because it is tradition (or in China because children have to support their ageing parents) but they increasingly are subject to attrition and end in divorce. The biggest victims of divorces are the children. That is why it is perhaps a good idea to teach proper child-raising skills.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.