Author: ceciliazhang

Would you discipline someone else's kids? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
It's their parents business ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
The mothers behavior was a disgrace. She even slapped the restaurant worker across his face after he tried to calm her down!! pity he didn't knock her teeth out..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 3 DayEarlier |Display all floors
I have found Chinese people have the ability to hold two opposing views in their heads at the same time. This is such an example. Parents can love and protect their (only) child to excess, demanding their best results at school, washing their hands for them etc. Yet these same parents may allow this child to run around a crowded restaurant where hot food is being carried, or (I have seen this!) allow him to play on the floor in the restaurant toilet! My visit to a Shanxi opera was partly ruined by grand-parents of a young child allowing him to climb all over the seats in front of me continuously. This continued even after I had complained to them.
However, it is not within people's rights for a stranger to physically punish a badly behaved child. Parents should be asked to take action. If parents are not present then verbally telling the child off is in order, particularly if there is some danger involved. Asking a manager, shop assistant etc. to intervene may be a good idea. But kicking a stool away? ....No, this sounds strange and unacceptable.
Failing this...... razor wire is quite effective! (joke)
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.