Views: 497|Replies: 10

Would you discipline someone else's kids? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
A video that shows a female college students kicked the stools being used by two 4-year-olds because she could no longer tolerate the noise they were making in a restaurant in Dalian has gone viral online. The mother of one kid fought with the student to protect her child. Many people supported the student, saying everyone has the right to teach manners to deal with spoiled, noisy children in public places. But is it okay to disicipline other people's kids?

Sometimes the kids in our neighborhood come to play in the park nearby without their parents. Because no parent is around some of the kids do whatever they want which includes being rude and bullying other children.  I usually step in and stop the child. I don't care if the parent has a problem with it. Too many people turn a blind eye to rude behavior. I think that is part of the problem with the number of children who do not know how to behave themselves in public. What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

shows a female college students kicked the stools being used by two 4-year-olds

Beware of sitting on stool[. Whether you make noise or not does't add uch to the trouble you will bring upon yourself. ust ask fellow poster pnp if you are not in the clear...

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

This post was edited by HailChina! at 2017-5-18 19:20

The student is wrong and her behaviour is unacceptable. If the student really had so much of a problem with the noise the two four year olds were making she could have spoken to the mother about it like a civilized human - or she could have complained to the manager of the restaurant. The student has some kind of mental disorder to fly into such a rage the way she did and what kind of person menaces young children like that? In my opinion the student should be arrested and assessed for mental disorders. Anyone supporting the student has serious problems and they are very uncivilized.

Citizens should contact authorities if they come across children that are breaking any laws but apart from that citizens should mind their business and leave the parenting to the parents. Unless a citizen has the consent of the parent to discipline their child/children then citizens have no right to do it. A teacher or childcare worker for example have a right to promote desirable behaviour to other peoples children but random strangers in public places do not. We cannot have vigilante citizens running about menacing our children. And it is wrong to "discipline" a four year old anyway - with a four year old you encourage/promote and role model desirable behaviour. There is no such thing as a 'naughty' four year old child and nobody should be 'disciplining' them - especially not random strangers in public spaces that have flown into a mad rage.

I have been annoyed by other peoples children in public spaces but these are things that we must put up with in public spaces. I cannot stand screaming children in McDonalds play equipment for example. Often the parent will be inside and allow their children to scream at the top of their lungs while playing on the play equipment and in my opinion this is not how it should work. The idea should be that you sit outside with near the play equipment and supervise your children while they play, and make sure that they are not creating an unacceptable amount of noise that is bothering others. But as it stands McDonalds does allow children to scream as loud as they can while on play equipment - and it allows parents to sit inside while children are outside on the play equipment - fair enough there is a childproof fence but still. But the thing is that I do not own McDonalds so I just do not eat there so I can avoid screaming children - and for other reasons ( they are always very germy ). I was at a pub a few years ago with one of my younger sisters and we were playing a game of pool. She was visiting and had just turned 18 so I wanted to spend some time with her and I thought a pub was a good idea. We were playing pool and a couple were allowing their child to cry at the top of their lungs. It was very annoying and they should have taken the child outside or calmed the child down but they just allowed him to cry very loudly. I was very annoyed about it but the thing is that often modern parents will get things wrong while thinking that they are being good parents - plus we have a western society that pushes this nonsense that we must put up with things like parents breast feeding and promoting the idea that it is outrageous for an establishment to ban children.

Often parents do not understand how annoying they are - but even if they do, as long as they are not breaking any laws or violating the policies/guidelines of a business then there is nothing members of the public can or should do about it - and they certainly should not be flying into a rage and menacing/assaulting toddlers over some noise or for any other reason.

Use magic tools Report

Would you discipline someone else's kids?

Yes. It worked for us when we were kids. Why not now? If your kid is being a brat, and you aren't going to discipline it, I will. And I won't be nice about it, either.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
I never would discipline someone else's child UNLESS the behavior affects me directly OR if I see a child being bullied/beaten by others.

Use magic tools Report

No problem with that. Just nail these little brats high up on the wall.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

1105852048 Post time: 2017-5-19 00:10
I never would discipline someone else's child UNLESS the behavior affects me directly OR if I see a  ...

It is the parents' duty to enforce good and social conduct by their children but some parents treat their own children as adults, and you cannot discipline adults, can you, unless you are a cop.

In this case I humbly suggest the parents of the two troublemakers adopt the college student to discipline her and voluntarily surrender their own little brats to the parents of the college student. In no time the behavioural disorder will vanish... and the goods can be returned to their biological parents.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.