Author: ceciliazhang

Has the sharing economy gone too far? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-16 14:07:43 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-5-16 11:19
You can already "share" your house - there are horror stories of them being wrecked in many cases.

I'd like to share my apartment if I can make a profit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 19:24:08 |Display all floors
In any case, I think that this kind of voluntary, economy based sharing makes more sense and could prove more sustainable long term, than some attempts to force sharing resources from the governments in the past  - let's say people's communes in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
The next great leap is wife sharing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
I'd like to add two cases of sharing, where Chinese (or iperhaps Asian in general) culture works quite differently from western culture.

First of all, my understanding is that in China, giving your used clothes (thus sharing) to a friend or stranger is generally considered an insult.

In particular this applies to children's clothes - in my home country for example the burden for both families and environment is considered quite huge if every family would purchase new set of clothes for every child.

Children grow out of clothes very fast, and besides sharing clothes with your friends and relatives for free, second hand children's clothes markets are quite popular in many Facebook town groups for example.

With big population, China above any other country could do with some readjustment of cultural traits in this perspective, in my opinion. Just to save the Earth.

On the other hand, is Chinese/Asian eating culture an example of sharing model as well? Common pots with food in the center that everyone shares, contrary to western style of indvidual servings. Perhaps this goes quite far, but early roots for this could also be based in sharing economy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.