Views: 2112|Replies: 56

Footballer accused of racism against Chinese   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-15 13:46:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by voislevent at 2017-5-15 17:15

(guancha.cn)

Argentine football player Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi is accused of racism agasint Chinese after a photo of him was posted on twitter.

In the photo, Lavezzi pulled his eyes back in an action commonly used to mock Asians' physical traits.

Lavezzi plays for Chinese club Hebei China Fortune and gets one of the highest salaries in world football.

The photo has outraged Chinese netizens. Weibo user 铅笔大树 commented: racism is intolerable. Weibo user 热能小光 posted:how could he discriminate against Chinese people while earning their money?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-15 14:26:13 |Display all floors
Was it necessary to jump on this ugly bandwagon? It's such a cheap shot to sensationalise a gesture by an international sportsman that the Chinese misinterpret at will.

When you next start such a thread, put the reported incident in a context. I am sure that Mr Lavezzi did not intend it in any derogatory way. But Chinese cannot relate to people and always feel victimised by others. When will they tackle their own racist demons?

It shows for example in how an international player's salary is linked to a perceived slight towards his hosts. This is unprofessional and primitive "journalism".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 14:34:57 |Display all floors
Stop yelling out foolishly comments seneca.  Can you tell us is what is 'professional journism reporting' in your mind?  Otherwise, you are just showing off your blank-minded propoganda splashing, how disgusting

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-15 16:29:42 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-15 14:34
Stop yelling out foolishly comments seneca.  Can you tell us is what is 'professional journism repor ...

Do you know what I was talking about, or are you just stalking me?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-15 18:00:57 |Display all floors
What is the intention? Is this guy really trying to offend Chinese or Asians? Maybe this is the guys way of saying that he is part of Chinese soccer. People become instantly outraged far too much these days. Are people really outraged or is this just the reaction that they think is correct?

Aboriginal Rugby League player Sam Thaiday caused outrage the other day in Australia when he said that his first crush was on Haley Berry but that was when he had "Jungle Fever" and before he realized that "If it aint white - it aint right". People were outraged but he was just being silly. He is black himself plus he has Aboriginal daughters. If someone is clearly not intentionally trying to cause offense then it would be best not to get outraged by them. Thaiday was just being silly and I think it is the same with the soccer player above.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-5-16 05:30:36 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-15 16:35
I always know what I'm talking about, dog, but you don't.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-5-16 05:30:40 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-15 16:35
I always know what I'm talking about, dog, but you don't.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.