Author: Caged

Seeking air-quality health advice. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-15 23:43:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-15 07:31
I think you got that wrong. Caed has been here before to promote Esperanto as the world's first fo ...

French-Canadian. That explains a lot right there.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 23:50:06 |Display all floors
Caged Post time: 2017-5-15 10:11
I have no current breathing problems because I'm still in Canada.

As for the stats, I believe ther ...

So ... the fact that China has a higher number of coal-fired generators and manufacturing plants spewing out CO2, than Canada, has nothing to do with the equation. It's the people ... we get it now.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 09:55:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-15 11:32
Was  I  not  correct?  Of course,  I  do  remember  the  more  interesting  posters!

Nice to be back.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 09:57:13 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-5-15 23:50
So ... the fact that China has a higher number of coal-fired generators and manufacturing plants s ...

I never said China does not pollute more than Canada. It does.

I'm just saying that before we criticize it, we need to consider that it needs more energy too because of its larger population. On a per capita basis though, China still pollutes less than Canada.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-16 10:07:28 |Display all floors
Caged Post time: 2017-5-16 09:55
Nice to be back.

You did start a number of highly interesting threads.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-16 10:16:47 |Display all floors
Caged Post time: 2017-5-16 09:57

I'm just saying that before we cri ...

China's environmental pollution is mainly caused by poor, shoddy construction quality of buildings that lack adequate insulation to keep the insides cool in summer and warm in winter. You need a lot more energy to achieve this because the airconditioners' effect is mitigated by the poor quality of the houses. Experts say buildings in Europe are up to 90% more energy efficient. Think about this! In winter it will be bitterly cold in Changsha even though it is in the subtropics. In summer it will be torrid. Now home owners possess airconditioners to make the indoors more comfortable but they consume huge amounts of energy.

Most rivers are untamed, unlike in Europe which generates much of its electric power through hydro power stations. Of course, there are vital reasons why Chinese watercourses are kept as transport routes. It makes sense. But more than half of all electric power is still produced by coal-fired stations. And their emissions are released unfiltered into the air. Europe also has some coal power stations but they have filters (except those I Poland, where the air is as bad as in China).

Environmental pollution is vastly underrecognised in China. You will see for yourself how Chinese cities deal with household and industrial waste waters. It is a scandal. When you hear about Chinese complainin about environmental problems it is only after an industrial mishap has occurred. The killing of the environment goes on 24/7 and without anyone caring.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 13:17:37 |Display all floors
Caged Post time: 2017-5-16 09:57

I'm just saying that before we cri ...

"Canada pollutes more than most states and maybe even China on a per capita basis."

Perhaps not directly, however, it was still alluded to.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.