Author: senoritazhao

Should we protect dialact?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-16 09:06:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-16 08:44
The most perfect future will be when everybody has to acquire proficiency in one minority language ...

Things must he universal. We should all boycott stupid Americans until the agree to use the metric system. Most of the reason for resistance in relation to universal standards is protectionism you know.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-16 09:13:06 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-5-16 09:06
Things must he universal. We should all boycott stupid Americans until the agree to use the metric ...

Metric yes, but we must not throw out the Coca Cola as well. And all the English speakers must learn ZULU, sapristi! Merde! !*!

English and Chinese shall be optional along with Dutch, Italian, Arabic and Hebrewe!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-16 09:44:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-16 09:13
Metric yes, but we must not throw out the Coca Cola as well. And all the English speakers must lea ...

Whatever. As long as we get rid of French.

Dutch? I think can get rid of that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 09:48:21 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-5-16 09:44
Whatever. As long as we get rid of French.

Dutch? I think can get rid of that.

No. The French and the Dutch speakers won't be gotten rid of. I also want to speak both these languages as long as I live, and who else ca I speak them with but with Dutch and French natie speakers and people who love these languages?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 10:03:04 |Display all floors
hi111 Post time: 2017-5-16 01:25
Because of people like you, modern China's legacy will be the destruction of Chinese language, bot ...

BS.

I have nothing to do with it. I live in Chengdu. There are at least six different dialects spoken here excluding foreign languages and it can cause a great deal of difficulty for the locals to communicate with each other now that there are mass migrations of rural dwellers into the city. It is inevitable that the dialect most commonly used will push out those that aren't used as frequently. There is no single "Chinese language" albeit that the government sensibly wants everybody to adopt Mandarin using the Beijing dialect. English is also promoted as the preferred international language. It is a government decision to teach English at schools because it can be a benefit to the user and the nation. I sincerely doubt if they had to consult anybody "like me" to realise the benefits in trade and diplomacy etc from speaking the preferred international language. I also doubt that they didn't to borrow additional brain cells from the cat to realise that if everybody speaks a unique language then nobody will understand each other. The dominant language is the one that will survive while the regional dialects will eventually be consigned to ceremonial use just to feed a sense of nostalgia.

(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-16 10:13:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-16 09:48
No. The French and the Dutch speakers won't be gotten rid of. I also want to speak both these lang ...

All of Europe will he made to speak English. They all have to know it anyway. English should have been made the official language of Europe after WW2. It will he after WW3. The only ones that speak the old Euro languages in the future will he freaks that decide to study the languages at a university or something. There will be no 'native' speakers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 10:26:07 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-5-16 10:13
All of Europe will he made to speak English. They all have to know it anyway. English should have  ...

Wrong.

We all will speak ZULU plus three or four of our European languages. English may be one of them but it may also be unknown to many. We also have Basque, German, Russian, Swedish, Sami, Breton, Rhetor-Romanish, Rumanian, Greek, Albanian, Portuguese  and Spanish to learn. Thank you for trying to learn three or four of those.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.