Author: senoritazhao

Should we protect dialact?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-16 01:25:39 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-5-15 18:24
If a dialect dies out then it is because it is no longer a useful means of communication. We live in ...

Because of people like you, modern China's legacy will be the destruction of Chinese language, both oral and written. No, I don't blame your government. I blame people like you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 01:38:13 |Display all floors
If a dialect dies out then it is because it is no longer a useful means of communication. We live in ...

I really have a hard time believing you're not Chinese, because you talk like one. You don't think like a westerner. But who knows, maybe you are one of those communist westerners. Communism is about wiping about regional differences and making everyone the same robot. Anyway, people like you should join together and form a communist country by yourselves, and live in isolation from the rest of the world that don't want communism. I don't mind it or care if you enjoy communism, just keep it to yourself, please. Why is China spreading its communist influence outside of China? If you don't like capitalism, then just drop it. Who cares. Why doesn't China go back to the communist economic system? Go back to the 60s. Now is a good time to block all that GMO food anyway.

No, it's not the Chinese leaders. Look at the people. I don't feel sorry for the Chinese anymore. You deserve it. Just bad luck the good people have to share the world with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 03:42:18 |Display all floors
If local dialects are very different, this will cause inefficiency and exact an economic cost. People must be able to use the standard mandarin to be successful.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 04:28:52 |Display all floors
I had noticed that people always comment on communism and capitalism without knowing what they are. I would rather be a communist sitting in my ferrari than being a capitalist driving a toyota

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-16 08:44:19 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-5-15 18:04
In the future people will only speak Chinese and English. It is best if everyone speaks them the sam ...

The most perfect future will be when everybody has to acquire proficiency in one minority language. I sugest all the Anglos and the Sinos and the rest of humanity learn Zulu. Then the burden of making a meaningful effort at learning a language falls evenly across the whole humanity. which it should. There is no reason why everybody has to learn the lingo of one or two of the world's imperialist cultures.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-16 08:52:22 |Display all floors

Many languages die out because of racism and imperialism. Tibetan for example is under dire threat. According to JFenix, the Native American languages have gone down the drain because of Anglo invasion. The Soviets channelled all language interaction between the various non-Russian peoples into Russian and from there back into a non-Russian language. The French tried to extinguish the regional languages spoken in Alsace, Brittany and the Basque region.

Of course, some languages and dialects do die out "naturally". The ancient Celts have largely adopted the languages introduced to them by the Romans and the Germanic tribes. Such "losses" are inevitable butnot resented widely because they happen without outside force and compulsion being employed. But if laws are enacted to wipe out languages that is barbaric and uncivilised.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-16 09:03:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-16 08:44
The most perfect future will be when everybody has to acquire proficiency in one minority language ...

Of course there is a reason. Why do you think God made us speak different languages anyway? It was because he was afraid of the power that us humans have when we are united. The world needs a common international language and it is English. Eventually we will get rid of Chinese but it will take a long time. There is no sense in people wasting their time learning obscure languages like Zulu or French or whatever. English is the language to know and with China being the most important superpower going forward we should all know Chinese too until English becomes the official language of China, which is a long way off. The only other language that will not be forgotten will be Latin. Even Hebrew will go.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.