Views: 4760|Replies: 62

Should we protect dialact?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-12 14:16:27 |Display all floors
China is huge country with differernt dialects.

When I was kid, I speak the local dialect of Shaanxi with my fellows. When I go home I speak Henan dialect with my grandparents. When I go to school, I will speak Putonghua, the standard madarin.

Years later, I went to work in Hong Kong, then I started to pick up cantonese. I felt there is so much fun in local dialects. For example, many of the tones and the grammer is more closely related to acient Chinese and sometimes even with Japanese.

However, it is a bit sad that kids now are trained to speak only mandarin. I felt so pity as if this is the trend, will the dialact die out one day?

language.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-12 14:41:43 |Display all floors
yes,there are very general that kids cannot speak local dialact

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-12 16:15:20 |Display all floors
Ethnic affair bureau did a great job according to Mao agenda...now several dialect disappear...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-13 08:39:04 |Display all floors
dialect is interesting ..

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-13 09:01:04 |Display all floors
There is a lot ofg confusion in the minds of Chinese as to what the word "dialects" really means.

Yes, the Henaners speak dialects different from the Shaanxie people's but that just shows that dialects are not immediately under threat. MIgration will do that perhaps over the long course, so it is next to impossible to "protect" them. Protect from what? From being abandoned?

They get REPLACED by the migrants' dialects and eventually by the standard version now called "Mandarin". Only people with a very strong cultural presence can keep their dialects intact. For example Cantonese is unlikely to yield.

You illustrated the situation with  an image of three Westerners greeting each other with "Hola", "Bonjour" and "Hello". I am afraid this image is totally misleading. Spanish, French and English are NOT "dialects" but different languages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-13 21:16:27 |Display all floors
The most wonderful aspect of the Chinese language is the same Chinese character could have different pronunications in each dialect.
Fear of dialect going extinct does not exist because it is not the first time felt. You are not the first to identify it.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-15 17:05:25 |Display all floors
catherine94 Post time: 2017-5-15 16:46
I am here to help you to earn up to 1500$! Become the forex broker partner!!!  ask me :victor ...

Spamming is not allowed here! I will report you to the mods!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.