Author: linda_sun

Why did top Tsinghua scientist leave for Princeton?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-15 13:42:33 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2017-5-15 12:12
Princeton knows her value. They trained her. Another thing is, it once again affirms the spirit of i ...

Need to know that in US, research results that are sensitive will never be disclosed for public access and understanding.
Work is highly restricted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 13:43:30 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-15 12:22
Well it's purely personal decision balancing on various factors in her life.  Life is not unlimited, ...

Frankly, US does not want her. Just that US wants to show that burning money is joy for research!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-15 14:35:44 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-15 13:28
You are a married man yourself seneca, still you mocking around & having relationship with different ...

Yes, I have tonnes of relationships with women, married and otherwise - all very clean, very professional... Did I ever tell you that in my childhood it was my dream to become a physiotherapist? Physiotherapists touch people to heal them. It isn't my fault that so many women feel sick to the bone and need my healing touch... My wie is okay with it.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-15 14:37:33 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-5-15 13:40
Please do not impress upon others your IGNORANCE!
Your explanation that, 'US' is A PHRASE is defin ...

It is about time for you to refresh your English vocabulary, Dee:ry. Check the meaning of "phrase", and while you are at it learn to express yourself in a more elegant, unstilted way. We all get a sick feeling to the pit of our stomachs when we are reading your hackneyed phrases. What is your first language? Maybe I speak it too. Is it Sanskrit?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 14:55:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-15 14:35
Yes, I have tonnes of relationships with women, married and otherwise - all very clean, very profe ...
Physiotherapists touch people to heal them.

I think that you have a very romantic view of physiotherapists. In my experience they beat you up and if that doesn't work they plug you into the national grid and pulse enough electricity through you to rival the electric chair.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 14:58:07 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-5-15 14:41
But seneca make sure anually check your HIV status with dusty's head of surgeon wife make sure you a ...

Are you planning to have your wicked way with Seneca?
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 15:31:23 |Display all floors
Just to add to all the argumentation above:

Her decision to return to China was considered a patriotic move by the Chinese - not a personal decision to better her career (which it surely was).

Why should her decision to suddenly return to USA be considered purely personal decision by the Chinese?

You should keep the same patriotic (or un-patriotic) element in your argumentation since you put it there to begin with.

In my opinion this is yet another case of Chinese cherry-picking the details which are good for China, and ignoring or denying those which are not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.