Author: voice_cd

What does the Belt and Road Initiative mean to you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-15 23:44
Nonsense. China never was "superior" to Europe technologically or otherwise. It has alwaysbeen a E ...

I suggest you do a search for early Chinese technology and seafaring. Around 1400 China led Europe in these; but mandarins blocked further progress and forced isolationism.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Ted180 Post time: 2017-5-17 02:44
I suggest you do a search for early Chinese technology and seafaring. Around 1400 China led Europe ...

Dee:r me. I know about Zheng He and that the boats China built in those days were the world's biggest. Is big @technologically superior@? I do not know. I have read a good deal about Joseph Needham and what inventions he attributed to China. China still does not seem to have ever been "technologically superior" to the West. At best it was not stopped on its developmental track after the migrations set in and destroyed the Roman empire. The Europeans experienced a temporary setback due in no small part to Chinese imperialist expansionism that resulted in setting off waves of marauding invasions. the Bubonic Plague probably caused even more damage to Europe, and it too originated in China.

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by abcfirst at 2017-5-17 13:40

THE SILK ROAD SHOULD NOT BE CONCEIVED AS A ROAD BUT AS A CHAIN MADE UP OF HUNDREDS OF LINKS.

In short, instead of asking oneself how to build a network of roads connecting Xian with say Rome or Damascus, China should ask herself what segments between major trading outposts need to be built that can generate immediate benefits to these TWO cities, with the requirement that the ends of their TWIN CITY HIGHWAYS must have a viable economic reason to be joined to the ends of other TWIN CITY HIGHWAYS.  The Silk Chain thus will consist of roads between pairs of cities, thousands of pairs of cities in fact would be needed to complete the entire Silk Road.

By focusing on what is viable and even profitable first, joining cities to one another that provide immediate commercial benefits to these cities, China can build the whole chain, not one link at a time, but ALL LINKS AT THE SAME TIME.  

Use magic tools Report

seneca Post time: 2017-5-15 09:05
OK. But Japan is a BIG player in global markets, in the arts, in culture, in everything. China is  ...

Japan is a doggie while china is a lion. the west of cause like pets

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

European experts deplore that China was not willing to subject all the projects to public tendering so as to afford  all interested bidders a level playing field. It is crystal-clear that the Chinese view their Marshal Plan as a self-service supermarket with the Chinese supplying the hardware and sitting at the till.

there is already one example where the Chinese are partnering with corrupt officials it is in Malaysia.

Laos has already experienced Chinese hard-nosedness and will pay a stiff price for surrendering to them.

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by Chinaman2017 at 2017-5-17 15:54

seneca, do you think south africa could do a better job?

Use magic tools Report

As to OBOR, the west has only 2 options, either follow up or be left behind. Regardless of their intention on estimating china's intention.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.