Views: 353|Replies: 6

How do you view China after visiting? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-9 17:28:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by voislevent at 2017-5-9 17:28

How do you view China after visiting? Have your opinion changed in any way?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-9 17:30:12 |Display all floors
A couple of answers from quora:

Maya Kaiser:

I completely changed my view of Chinese women.

Like many foreigners, I somehow believed that women in “the West” were more liberated than women in Asia. After moving to China, I experienced a kind of culture shock upon seeing large numbers of Chinese women in scientific fields and positions of leadership.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-9 17:30:35 |Display all floors
David Rasmussen:

1.        China is Diverse. The people of Xi'an are not the people of Beijing and Shanghai is much different from either. Attitudes, dress and interests vary widely. I am not just talking dialects.
2.        The Chinese work hard. Several times in various cities I caught people napping on the job. These people did not appear to be lazy. They appeared to be exhausted.
3.        China is modern. The high speed rail, subways and architecture of China put America to shame.
4.        China is liveable. An American could move there and have a better standard of living. Salaries are lower, but the cost of living is much lower.
5.        China surprises.
•        As a Caucasian, I was surprised that most of the ExPats I met were African American.
•        As someone who likes Silicon Valley, the Shanghai region feels similar.
Also, you get a sense for how much history China has. It makes Europe feel new.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-9 17:30:52 |Display all floors
Ally Pushkin

When I told people I was going to visit China, they usually said: ‘ you will probably not be able to interact with the people, they are very reserved and introverted, especially the older generations. ‘
Well, they weren't. We saw spontaneous festivals happening in parks in which older people sang and danced Chinese folk songs. Everybody, young and old, joined in. One time a small kid came up to our friend and asked him to dance with her.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-9 20:25:25 |Display all floors
I've been going to China since 2000

Mainly Guangdong province. It has changed so much I have enjoyed every trip. I have enjoyed the sights, meeting different people and seeing some peoples Chinese living conditions

I have enjoyed talking about my life in the west without making it sound like it's so much better than China.

The only way my opinion has changed is that life for many in the years I've been going has gotten a lot better.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.