Author: senoritazhao

What is the best lie you have ever told your child? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-12 09:31:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2017-5-12 09:35

I thought of a lie I told. When I was 17 I went cherry picking with a friend and the guy that owned the cherry farm we were at was a jerk. Everyone said he was a jerk and he laid one dollar less for each tub of cherries you picked. He also used Asian refugee workers that he would have been getting a subsidy from the government to employ. And he gave the cheap scab refugees all of the good rows of cherry trees that were easier and faster to pick. So before long all of the Australian and backpacker workers had left for other farms or gone home because the guy was a jerk, and one day it is just my friend and I alone picking cherries on this guys farm. So we decided to go home too.

So the guy owed us money and we went to his house to get it. He wasn't home but his mail order wife was home and she said that she could pay us. I told her what we were owed but she misunderstood me and overpaid us. I realized her mistake when she gave us our cheques but I did not tell her. It wasn't a lot extra but still

So I have tried to justify my dishonesty over the years by telling myself the guy was a jerk and underpaying us anyways but I still feel guilty about what I did. And the guy probably was upset with his wife overpaying us because I am certain he would have realized.
Edit - Also, not so long ago I told a female that I was in a relationship with that I may want to have a baby with her even though I didn't. I didn't want the relationship to end yet and I lied so I didn't offend her and so she would continue our relationship rather that n deciding to look for someone else that would want to commit to her. That was a pretty bad lie. But overall I don't lie much at all, not even to children.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-12 11:50:28 |Display all floors
I think the best lie my parents have ever told me is:

You can do anything when you grow up.

HELL NO
Now playing: This woman's work - Kate Bush♫♫♫

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-12 17:27:19 |Display all floors
That Mcdolnads hamburger meal called El Paco had a dead mexican in the hamburger !
twisted the news about Illegal mexican working in a meat plant fell into the meat grinder
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.