Views: 1604|Replies: 9

What is the best lie you have ever told your child? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-6 17:11:42 |Display all floors

kids.jpg

When my daughter was very young, she would sometimes have nightmares about “monsters.” She’d wake up terrified and crying. This is not uncommon in small children, especially if they’ve got an imagination and have been watching too much TV (or hearing their parents talk about elected officials. Sigh.)

I was quite sad every time this happened because I have never enjoyed seeing her frightened or sad. It also resulted in her disturbing my wife and me, and we sometimes could not get back to sleep for hours.

I got a small brass bell and attached it to a metal chain. I wrapped it in special paper and ribbon. I then made a special presentation to her of a “magic” gift when I returned from one of my trips. I told her I had visited the elves and gotten a magic bell. It would protect her at night from monsters, and if any showed up, all she had to do was ring it and they would be banished forever. We hung it from her bedpost so it was right near her pillow.

My wife thinks she heard the bell once thereafter. Never again did monsters wake any of us up at night.

As she got older, the bell got moved to a drawer, then to storage, and now that she lives elsewhere I don’t know where it is. I hope that it is continuing to keep monsters away, however. (If only I could find it, I might ship it to DC to reduce my anxiety level!)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-6 18:25:07 |Display all floors
That money grows on tree's

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-5-7 02:28:48 |Display all floors
Dead people don't talk, Daughter soon to be a doctor wasn't I wrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-8 08:22:31 |Display all floors
Very, very rarely, and only in an immediate emergency, should parents ever lie to children!
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-8 20:38:44 |Display all floors
when you grow up .. you can do whatever you want .. hell no ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-11 12:06:44 |Display all floors
"What is the best lie you have ever told your child"

Daddy is the poorest man on earth.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-12 08:30:28 |Display all floors
I don't really remember telling lies to any children. I think it is best to tell children the truth. I remember telling a kid that superheroes are not real and the mother was upset about it. I also hate Xmas and Easter because I think it is wrong to lie to children about Santa and the Easter Bunny.

I also can't think of any big lie that I have told to an adult. I am sure I have told lies but I really don't lie much. Yeah I can't think of anything.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.