Author: ceciliazhang

Is it okay to teach your kids to fight back?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-4 15:12:26 |Display all floors
Children's upbringing should include somewhat equal amounts of teaching that violence in any form is bad behavour, and how to deal with it once someone else initiates violence (toward you or anyone else).

Knowing or reciting every existing philosophical argument will not help when a fist or worse is already coming to your face.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 18:40:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2017-5-4 19:01
hi654 Post time: 2017-5-3 20:30
> its wrong for you to say the victim should take a look at himself/herself. This is something you ...

You shuold never change who you are just because you are being bullied!!
THat would only make it worse as the bully will see he is getting to you, and will get more satisfaction!!

if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 18:40:53 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-5-4 00:21
When I was growing up, my mother always told me not to fight because fighting would demean me also.  ...

if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 19:48:34 |Display all floors
Teach the son the smart way. Pay someone to do the dirty job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 19:49:29 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-5-4 18:40
You shuold never change who you are just because you are being bullied!!
THat would only make it wo ...

Hi parcher.

Thanks for letting me know you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's just hard to explain everything without starting from the beginning. But we can't write a book here.

I don't mean change who you are, but just your attitude and mental state.

Bullies aren't happy people, don't worry that they're going to get satisfaction. Their lives are still pitiful. But in any case, my suggestion has got nothing to do with the bully, as that would be a different topic. I'm focusing on the victim alone, without even considering the bully. Change your victim mentality, and you won't be a victim anymore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 20:10:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2017-5-4 20:26
hi567 Post time: 2017-5-4 19:49
Hi parcher.

Thanks for letting me know you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's just hard t ...

Chnging your attitude can lead to a much worse scenario!! do you know most victims of bullying blame themselves anyways? And what if changing out attitudes changes nothing? do you not thikn this will lead to more victims believing they are abnormal? their actions do not make a difference to how people view them  or treat them? as a result very low self- asteem will no doubt occur...
a victim can not control a bullies actions, but they can control their response....they are only in control of how they respond to bullying..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 20:34:37 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-5-4 20:10
Chnging your attitude can lead to a much worse scenario!! do you know most victims of bullying blam ...

Hi again.

This is leading to nowhere so I don't want to engage you anymore. We could go on forever like this.

So you live in China? Whereabouts? And do you really like it there?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.