Views: 17008|Replies: 49

Is it okay to teach your kids to fight back?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-3 11:31:12 |Display all floors
Sixty percent of Chinese parents tell their children to fight back when bullied, according to a report in Chengdu Economic Daily. It is understandable that parents want their kids to survive and feel empowered in this imperfect world. There is definitely no reason for them to accept bullying, to let someone victimize them. But should parents encourage their kids to resort to violence?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 15:28:30 |Display all floors
Why not?
normally if you give one bully a slap they wont touch you again, but if there is a group of bullies, you might have to use the baseball bat
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 16:24:57 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-5-3 15:28
Why not?
normally if you give one bully a slap they wont touch you again, but if there is a group of ...

why not

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 17:36:48 |Display all floors
> Sixty percent of Chinese parents tell their children to fight back when bullied

You know, this is why bloody wars are possible. Because people are in that fighting mode. I agree that there is a point where you would need to fight back. Usually my rule of thumb is, to try to talk to them first, if you need to interact with them. If you won't ever need to see them again, just walk away. If you are confronted, then sometimes you have to fight back. But what you should try to do instead, is to not get yourself in that situation of being bullied in the first place. Yes! You can control this.

There is something you need to understand about your spirituality. You are never a victim. If you are bullied, it's because your mental state attracted that situation to you. Now I am not trying to blame the victim, as I would support the victim over the bully, but I'm saying the victim has full control of their own life. The mind is powerful. So if you are bullied, you need to look at yourself and why the situation has happened to you, and try to fix it from within.

The other thing is, if you are violent towards others, the violence will return to you. It's a universal law that is more powerful than any manmade law. It doesn't matter who started it. If you don't break the cycle, it will never end. This is why forgiveness is important whenever you are strong enough to forgive.

I hope this makes sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 17:38:56 |Display all floors
From a friend, I heard this story about this Australian man who ended up in prison. When he was a child, he was bullied and stabbed by another child. He ran crying to his father. His father gave him a knife and told his son, Go stab him back. So, yeah, you can fight back, and sometimes it is satisfying, but it's better for your well-being to learn to take the higher road.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-3 19:01:21 |Display all floors
Bullies are people too. There needs to be more compassion for bullies. The big bully agenda promotes hate for bullies and it is very wrong. Often bullies are children that have bad home lives and it is not good for society to demonize them they way modern society does.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 19:15:09 |Display all floors
hi654 Post time: 2017-5-3 17:36
> Sixty percent of Chinese parents tell their children to fight back when bullied

You know, this is ...

People can be bullied for the colour of their skin, how they look, or even their sexuality, so its wrong for you to say the victim should take a look at himself/herself. This is something you have no control over!!
we had a black kid at our school many yrs ago, and he suffered horrific racist abuse in front of the teachers who did nothing!!
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.