Author: Hinge

if your child is being bullied, what would you do? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-5 18:24:49 |Display all floors
Hinge Post time: 2017-5-5 17:40
this might be a good idea if the teacher is a very good teacher, but even good teachers won't tota ...

I once got assaulted by my French teacher many yrs ago when I was 12 yrs old. Everybody says violence is not the answer, but if I could turn back the clock, I would put him 6 ft under..
I also witnessed a black kid being bullied everyday in front of the teachers and they ignored it, and did nowt.
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-5 20:33:41 |Display all floors
Have a talk with the other child or some of them and then decide what to do next ..

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-5 20:36:37 |Display all floors

It is important to know what really happened, not just what your child believes did. To know whaty really happened you would need to know the views of the other kid or kids involved in the brawl.

You can never expect children to be objective, hence it is important not to misallocate your sympathies before you know the facts. Perhaps a frank and friendly dialogue with the parents of the other child or children would be necessary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-5 20:44:24 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-5-5 11:11
Everybody discussing this topic seems to have left out that the teachers are responsible for stoppin ...

I do not think teachers alone are responsible for breaking up bullying in the schoolyard; of course they should when they witness such scenes but often the bullying happens behind the backs of all the techers. Why else would bullying be the universal trend that we know it is?

Bullies are ill-adapted, ill-adjusted individuals that refuse to fit into the group. They are power trippers. They exercise clout and control over their classmates. Often they prey on the diligent.

I can also tell you that many teachers get discouraged from parents to take adequate action. Most parents only care about their child and they will not recognise any character weakness of their child but quickly point to perceived flaws in other children. A teacher then finds himself between a rock and a hard place. He has no authority over the children under his custody, yet everyone holds him responsible. Likewise, a teacher can never blame parents for raising monsters. Not in today's society. It is usually parents who fail to supervise their own progeny properly and who raise a stink at the school if their child reports anything that he or she characterises as "wrong". Many parents take their children's stories too seriously and never believe that their own son or daughter might have a tendency at augmenting reality or being economic with truth.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-5-6 09:38:52 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-5-5 20:33
Have a talk with the other child or some of them and then decide what to do next ..

You get you condition the child to beat the crap out of the bully it works wonders

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-5-6 09:40:44 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-5-5 18:24
I once got assaulted by my French teacher many yrs ago when I was 12 yrs old. Everybody says viole ...

When I was a screw I met a lot if my teachers in prision they were very scared of me since I had the power

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-6 10:08:31 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-5-5 07:40
First, I would have a talk with my child to let her/him know that I fully support him/her. I also wo ...

The mistake that many parents make is to blindly side with their own child through thick and through thin. Maybe this is why bullies et away with so much B S?
Bullies are ordinary children like your own but their conduct is ore conspicuous than your child's and leads to discussions. Well-mannered children attract the ire of the less well-mannered ones who may lag in the academic subjects and do not get the support fro their parents they actually need. They seek the attention of their classmates by flexing their biceps. Maybe the "well-mannered" children provoke them ito bullying the others through derogatory remarks about their poor performance in class... In any event, the parets of the bully are ost likely at the root of the problem.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.