Views: 1082|Replies: 26

if your child is being bullied, what would you do? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-2 18:52:27 |Display all floors
If one day your child told you that he or she got bullied by his or her clssmates or schoolmates, what would you tell him or her to do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-5 07:40:30 |Display all floors
First, I would have a talk with my child to let her/him know that I fully support him/her. I also would state to my child that IF this would continue to let me know. Then I would take it up with the school. Only as a final resort would I tell me child to fight back, OR I might even have a talk with the bully myself.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-5-5 08:27:51 |Display all floors
It would depend on the type of bullying. I was a kids step father for most if his life and I can't remember him ever being bullied. He was a pretty cool kid. I think that it often the parents of weak children that make them targets for bullies - like in that movie About A Boy. It is often the parents of the bullied child that is to blame. Think about that kids mother in About A Boy and the odd child that she raised - of course that kid would be bullied. I really can't see a child of mine being a victim of any serious kind of bullying. And if there is no violence involved in the bullying then I would tell my kid to stop being a baby and suck it up. I think that the modern capitalist bullying agenda is producing a generation of very weak kids that want to kill themselves over hardly anything. A bit of bullying is good for a kid in my opinion. When I started highschool for example we had something called 'Initiation' where we would go to the pool for sport and us year seven boys had to get in the water with older kids that would try to drown us and give us wedgies- and the teachers at my school would not try to prevent 'Initiation' - they encouraged it and thought it was funny. It was a lot like that paddling thing in the movie Dazed and Confused. If you acted like a baby at Initiation then you won no respect from your older peers. Plus the bullying of year seven went beyond Initiation - there was also this rough game of footy that we were encouraged to join at lunch break in a part of the school that was unsupervised and the older kids would smash the hell out of us year sevens. You didn't have to play but if you did it won you respect. And there was handball where the last one out gets punched really hard in the shoulder by about 30 people or so. The whole point of all of this was to prove that you aren't a ... baby. But apparently we can't have stuff like initiation anymore because all modern children are little babies that want to kill themselves or call the cops if someone looks at them the wrong way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-5 11:11:48 |Display all floors
Everybody discussing this topic seems to have left out that the teachers are responsible for stopping any bullying that is going on at school. Before reorting to violence a good talking to the teachers involved should fix the problem. If they give you any bull shit, just tell them you will knock 7 colours out of the bully if it continues...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-5 17:18:44 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-5-5 08:27
It would depend on the type of bullying. I was a kids step father for most if his life and I can't r ...

it is necessary that setbacks in one's growing up, but this initiation sounds too cruel, reminds me of  Lord of the flies. how to teach a child mostly depends on what kind of person the child is. but modern children are acually involved in, to be misunderstood is a part of the society and they cant avoid it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-5 17:23:30 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-5-5 07:40
First, I would have a talk with my child to let her/him know that I fully support him/her. I also wo ...

yes, that fight back is not a good idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-5 17:40:57 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-5-5 11:11
Everybody discussing this topic seems to have left out that the teachers are responsible for stoppin ...

this might be a good idea if the teacher is a very good teacher, but even good teachers won't totally know every child, they just know from what the children show them, so teachers might seem to settle everything but factly messed up, and parents are the closest for children, they should know what their children are and come up ideas.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.