Author: sfphoto

Trump: 'We're like a Third World nation'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-4 05:38:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cwdy at 2017-5-4 05:57

Too late! uncle sam!

woke up early you would have catched the worm, but now, it is too late, you can only smell the bitter coffee!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 06:59:05 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-3 12:42
If Donald Trump had to put up with Chinese road travel, airplane departure delays or the condition ...

If Donald Trump wants to travel between Beijing and Shanghai, he would take a high-speed train traveling at speeds up to 350 km/h which takes four hours, obviating the need for grueling road trips, airport delays and slow trains which is how people travel between Washington, D.C. and New York City.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 07:11:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-5-4 10:19

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-4 08:30:52 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-5-4 00:07
I don't think any of the people from the so-called developed countries, even including Australian, ...

What you believe to be "thinking" is not what the U.N.O. takes cognizance of. Nor the world at large. I guess you have even trouble to make your beliefs accepted by your mummy./ You probably are not of marriageable age and if you are, you probably have been declared mentally unfit to be a fully-entitled adult.

Go improve yourself a bit, Fatjowl. It's not just your looks that revolt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 08:44:04 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-5-4 01:52
I guess that's why you're here in China: to remind us "inferior colored people" how superior you w ...

No, I am not in China to "remind you inferior coloured people of how superior I am". That is in the eye of the beholder and I have never heard anyone say that of me.

I enjoy reading weird and abstruse views so dear to Chiense nationalists. Nothing is more amusing than their beliefs in their own superiority. These beliefs have a long history and started before China was formed.

It simply is abstruse to believe that China has any lessons about infrastructure building to give the U.S.A.

I know China hopes to make big bucks by building other countries' infrastructure but so far it has miserably failed in many cases. Its cost overruns are notorious; its poor planning is evident and the countries that have commissioned Chinese businesses to help them build infrastructure projects have often ended up hugely indebted. China routinely wins contracts by undercutting the prices of others but it later revises these prices upwardly after it has locked its foreign partner in a contract.

The Mexicans bailed out just in time, the Indonesians stalled their Jakarta-Bandung railline for over one year, Laos stalled a railway line for about ten years, Thailand has changed its mind several times.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 08:47:59 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-5-4 02:05
I stand corrected: Frantz Fanon DID acknowledge his whiteness as a mask which subjugated his blackn ...

You are a potentially honest guy, and honest guys - even if only potentially honest - are better ones than the many crackheads that formulate Chinese official beliefs. Well, it's honest of you to recognise one error, albeit the smaller one of several others.

Frantz Fanon along with Nelson Mandela and Patrique Lumumba are my icons in the same league as Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. Pity there is no Chinese among these icons. There is a Tibetan and there are at least two Uighurs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 08:59:54 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-5-4 03:40
You didn't get it: it wasn't the backwardness of his tribe but the racism of his white hosts that  ...

No, it is YOU who doesn't get it.

Ota Beng was paraded around like an exotic animal, yes. From today's vantage point, this looks extremely demeaning, but the question is: was it?

Let me attempt a personal answer (it is difficult to put ourselves in the shoes of our ancestors!):
He was treated well, relatively speaking: full boarding in exchange for daily theatrics and public exhibitions. Not a slave.
You seem to have a very narrow basis for your judgement! One Pygmie and his fate give you the ammunition to shoot the entire White humanity... That is laughable.

Ota Beng was not the only one that was treated that way. I have read similar accounts of other Africans shipped to Belgium, France and Germany. In all these countries Africans were held in similar circumstances. So what?

Some were eventually naturalised. Yes: naturalised. Germany for example had several from Namibia. They enjoyed the same rights that Germans had and were free. Ditto for many in France or Belgium.

That Ota Benga suffered from his cultural disorientation has more than one root. He was also rejected by his own people. That is very common in Africa but as a Chinese you wouldn't know that.

It is manifest in all the African refugees that flee to Europe: they dare not return even if Europe does not welcome them. Why? Bcause their families, clans and tribes expect them to be successful and to share their newly-acquired wealth with their next-of-kin and tribes.

Africans would rather sell one of their own people into slavery than feed and house him or her for free. The tribe's survival depends on communalism. The resources are extremely scarce all over Africa, so concerted efforts are needed and strict submission to a chieftain is required.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.