Author: sfphoto

Trump: 'We're like a Third World nation'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-4 02:05:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-5-4 02:23
seneca Post time: 2017-5-3 13:04
I feel extremely flattered by you mentioning an old icon, Frantz Fanon. Flattered, Dee:rie. You  ...

I stand corrected: Frantz Fanon DID acknowledge his whiteness as a mask which subjugated his blackness. But no I wouldn't recommend his book for Asians for whom Edward Said's book "Orientalism" would find the Tibetans and Uyghurs to be nothing more than a Western Orientalist project. Nice try resorting to your favorite strawman again but why should you care about Tibetans and Uyghurs when those "colored people" are inferior to White South Africans such as yourself?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 03:40:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-3 12:40
Hahah, very subtle point there about Ota Benga. I read his story before you told me it. I am famil ...

You didn't get it: it wasn't the backwardness of his tribe but the racism of his white hosts that was the problem. His tragedy was that he internalized white racism to such an extent that he couldn't bear to live with his African tribe again. Just like you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 03:48:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-5-4 10:21

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 03:53:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-5-4 04:02
seneca Post time: 2017-5-3 12:34
First of all, you don't know where I am from, second, S Africa is not backward, and third, let us  ...

Gee, we know you fled from South Africa because you can't stand living under black rule after Mandela was released from prison. If South Africa is not backward, then how come you left and deny you're from South Africa? Just look at your first sentence: "you don't know where I am from."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 04:00:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-2 06:57
What the Chinese have done is not so incredible. They had a creaking, groaning infrastructure of sor ...

I had kept my eyes on this forum for quite some time, it occurred to me you might be a devil's advacate rather than a diehard China's naysayer.

if what I judge is correct, then it will be a happy time when some day we talk in joys about China's rise over jasmine tea!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 04:20:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-5-4 10:22

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-4 04:40:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-5-4 04:47
seneca Post time: 2017-5-3 13:07
Where is my @"resentfulness"??? I am not resentful. I only point out that China has no special cal ...

Where is your resentfulness? See your words below:
When I lived in S Africa, it was a most wonderful country. At that time, S Africa was not in bed with Madam China. Look at the mess they have made through their fornication...

There you have it: you're resentful that S. Africa is now a Third World "mess" which you blame on China.

And you're just envious that the President of the USA said: "What China's done is incredible. We're like a Third World nation."

His words not mine.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.