Author: sfphoto

Trump: 'We're like a Third World nation'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-3 02:17:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-5-4 01:47
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-5-2 22:23
So you are also resentful about your own country being backward, though you blame it on other coun ...

Your post reminds me of what Frantz Fanon wrote of his colonial experience in his seminal book "Black Skin White Masks". He grew up in French Martinique thinking he was "White". But upon moving to France, he was treated as "Black", a negro with all the racist stereotypes foisted upon him by the whites in his "Mother Country". He ultimately rejected his French identity and spent the rest of his life helping African nations gain their freedom and independence from France.

My guess is that Seneca went through a similar experience growing up "White" in Apartheid South Africa which was ostracized by the West as well as the rest of Africa. Even the British Commonwealth imposed sanctions against Apartheid South Africa which led to the release of Mandela who became President paving the way for the ANC to take over over South Africa.

For the life of me, I can't figure out the relevance of China and Chinese to this turn of events in South Africa which presumably caused Seneca to lose his "White Privilege" in his native country. If anything, it's the Western Liberals who "fornicated" [in Seneca's own words] with the blacks to take over from the whites in South Africa. He tries to whitewash his racist past by reinventing himself as a Western Liberal interested in "human rights" even though he is a by-product of the post-colonial Apartheid System of South Africa which has colored his racist view of world history. Even the racist language he uses is no longer socially acceptable in Western countries which went through a "Cultural Revolution" since the 60s. In South Africa, he's "White" but in France, he's "Africain".

Like Fanon, Seneca is too white to be African but too African to be white. Neither white nor black, Fanon remarked: "I am d-mned!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 11:47:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-5-3 12:05
emanreus Post time: 2017-5-2 20:36
Hopeless case the lad is.

Hating China for harming his 'most wonderful country' South Africa.

He is enjoying himself in China, courtesy of the prople and the Party, but he never cease condemning China, he seizes almost every thread to blast at China, even when the topic has nothing to do with China!  Strange he has so much hatred for China but still avails himself of China's generosity; his skin must be as thick as an elephant's!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 12:03:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-2 06:57
What the Chinese have done is not so incredible. They had a creaking, groaning infrastructure of sor ...

True to form, there you go again, running down your host China, even when none other than President Trump expressed his admiration for China's transport system!  Thumbs up to China for building a modern transport system, the envy of many in the West, including Trump!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 12:03:54 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-5-3 11:47
He is enjoying himself in China, courtesy of the prople and the Party, but he never cease condemni ...

I'd not wager a penny of him residing in China.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-3 12:30:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by seneca at 2017-5-3 12:31
emanreus Post time: 2017-5-2 20:36
Hopeless case the lad is.

Hating China for harming his 'most wonderful country' South Africa.

iUnlike you, I do not have false hopes and expectations. I won't change my mind just to please some narcisstic people from a developing country who suffer from having an inferiority complex.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 12:34:20 |Display all floors
So you are also resentful about your own country being backward, though you blame it on other coun ...

First of all, you don't know where I am from, second, S Africa is not backward, and third, let us not talk about me because it is established beyond doubt that you are an inferior contender. If and when I want to pack up and go to another country I will let you know. Let me assure you I am not dreaming of migrating to the U.S.A. or the U.K. World standards are set somewhere else, Dee:rie.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-3 12:40:08 |Display all floors

Hahah, very subtle point there about Ota Benga. I read his story before you told me it. I am familiar with frates of people like Ota Benga but you are not. I am no Ota Benga. I choose to live wherever I live. I can put up with third-worldliness and I can go to a First World country whenever I decide so, Fatjowl.

As for Ota Benga: tragic life indeed. It could happen to a White person abducted to N Korea and kept in a zoo for the local populace there. Who knows if this has never happened? Once released, how would a White Ota Benga live in a Western nation after decades spent in backward N Korea?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.