Views: 1230|Replies: 4

Ever thought you will be on live? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-29 15:16:38 |Display all floors

Currently, live broadcasting is becoming more and more popular. Ever thought one day you will be on live broadcast without being informed?

IT IS REPORTED THAT some schools haveinstalled cameras in classrooms and dormitories and provide the video to livebroadcast websites.

The pupils are watched by tens of thousandsof people nationwide. It reminds us of the movie The Truman Show, where themain character lives in an artificial mini-world where he is watched by aworldwide audience around the clock.

The difference is, at the end of the movieTruman escapes from the artificial world in which he has been living, but thepupils are still being watched by audiences nationwide even though the media has exposed the voyeurism.

What will you react if this happens to you?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-4-30 04:56:36 |Display all floors
Already happened to me years ago thanks BBC

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-4-30 09:00:24 |Display all floors
The movie The Truman Show was inspired by a Twilight Zone episode from the 80s. The episode is called Special Service. I watched it on youtube last year. Also, before the The Truman Show there was The Fly 2 which is kind of similar but it isnt a global audience watching the guy, just the staff at the lab that own him.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-4-30 09:19:52 |Display all floors
I watched the John Edwards show a few times when it was popular and ever since I ave felt as though dead people are watching me constantly. So I just made peace with it. It really doesnt make a lot of difference if the people watching me were alive. My show would be a pretty boring show anyway and I dont think that a lot of people would watch it. Most people are pretty boring which is why pretty much all reality shows are at least lightly scripted. Plus, the CIA can watch us all on our camera phones and webcams cant they? Meh. If they want to watch then let them.

It seems that the reason these schools are providing a live stream of classrooms and dorms is so that parents can monitor the behaviour of their children. And I would think that the students would be informed/aware of this. Your OP makes the situation sound all sinister when it is not. Live streaming of classes also allows students that cannot attend the class in person to watch the stream. A lot of childcare centres offer live streaming so that parents can see what their children are doing and also so they can see how staff treat their children. I think it is a good idea but I agree that maybe the streaming should not be open to the public, just the parents - but still - parents themselves mat get voyeuristic thrills from watching the streams for whatever reason.

Remember Sliver? That guy was watching Sharon Stone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-2 07:12:42 |Display all floors
Been there, done that... not difficult to do, except for the hot lights.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.