Author: ceciliazhang

Can we recruit foreign police officers? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-27 11:24:21 |Display all floors
You mean security guards right?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-27 11:35:28 |Display all floors
There should be E.U. police in Guilin, Guangzhou, Shanghai and perhaps Kunming.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-27 11:37:35 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-4-27 11:24
You mean security guards right?

We call them "police". Their job is to step in when a tourist from outside the country gets in trouble with the local street mafia. The armed police must be local, of course. The two sides work in tamdem. The main problem is the language barrier.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-4-30 18:46:29 |Display all floors
I think that this is a very terrible idea. I do not want Chinese police working in Australia. Why cant police forces just hire interpreters? They all have them dont they? And it is racist to claim that Chinese tourists need Chinese police to protect them while they are in another nation. If Chinese people feel that way then they should stay in China.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-4-30 18:46:55 |Display all floors
This is actually outrageous.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-4-30 18:49:04 |Display all floors
It is like saying that black areas in USA need more black police officers. That is a totally racist thought. Chinese do not need Chinese police while they are in other nations. Chinese should get %$%$ed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-30 20:46:59 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-4-30 18:46
I think that this is a very terrible idea. I do not want Chinese police working in Australia. Why ca ...

It is not really "racist". Some folks simply feel more comfortable discussing your loss with someone of your cultural, linguistic and ethnic background than with a total stranger. The Chinese traditionally don't have much faith in their cops, so when they get robbed on foreign soil it is understandable that they want to talk it over with a policeman in Chinese uniform and speaking Chinese. Chiense tourists do get victimised disproportionately often because they are so inexperienced.

For international travellers in China the situation is very similar. We get pickpocketed more often than would be our fair share. And Chiense police do not inspire one with great hope. Their empathy level is probably a lot lower than we would wish for.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.