Author: ceciliazhang

What happens if you cannot park your car? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-24 13:16:41 |Display all floors
I thought driving tests were supposed to be difficult in China?
obviously they don't test you reversing in to spaces
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-24 14:47:31 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-4-24 13:16
I thought driving tests were supposed to be difficult in China?
obviously they don't test you revers ...

I am aslo wondering how she passed the test.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-24 15:04:15 |Display all floors
The standard of driving in China is bad. Chinese people are friendly and kind generally, but behind the wheel of a car they are ignorant, selfish and thoughtless. I understand that the driving test is rigorous, yet after passing it a driver can do what he/she likes. Breaking laws is clever if you do not get caught. There is a suggestion that it may be possible to buy a test pass and not have to do it at all!  Most particularly missing is an ability to reverse or negotiate small spaces. Also parking is not a problem in the cities I have visited.... a driver parks where he/she likes, mostly on pavements blocking free movement to pedestrians. The traffic jams on minor roads is often caused by such practice and by selfishness and impatience. The driver of the car here demonstrates a lack of special awareness, an inability to park in a space or reverse and a general lack of control of the vehicle. The answer to these problems is to wipe out corruption in the testing centres, include reversing and parking in the test and increase the number of traffic police who are active in doing their job, with heavy fines for breaking the law. A Chinese businessman might then make a lot of money by building car parks as in other countries.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.