Author: blackjackky

why dose the most of Chinese love tea? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-4-21 15:46
Vilest coffee out there. only reason the Chinese like it, is because of all the sugar they put in  ...

I wonder what Captian Ahab would think if this!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-4-21 05:38
Starbucks poor qyality coffee

Yes, poor quality coffee in China, in the US better... but not  much.

Use magic tools Report

Starbucks coffee is fine, it's just too many people, make us feel bit uncomfortable sometimes

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

1105852048 Post time: 2017-4-22 08:21
Yes, poor quality coffee in China, in the US better... but not  much.

Better coffee in Itality and Australia

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

teatree16 Post time: 2017-4-22 09:12
Starbucks coffee is fine, it's just too many people, make us feel bit uncomfortable sometimes

Thank you my Platonic Love for this fine defence of Starbucks coffee! Don't listen to Dusty1 and others who badmouth it! They don't know any better. The best coffee of course comes from Europe, and Starbucks is imitating la cultura di caffe italiana - ask their CEO Schulz.

U.S. Americans can't have better coffee than the Italians. And Australian coffee is made from granite rocks finely ground and brewed with sea water. Then they add koala milk and coconut sugar.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

teatree16 Post time: 2017-4-20 19:05
Tea or coffee?

Tea sounds more life-related, coffee sounds more work-related to me.

Ah, when Venus is in my sight and I cannot fully agree... I need to put on the cushions to my tongue!

Tea is in fact the proles' drink in China. It has been this for centuries. Did you know the Chinese have for ages been drinking hot water? So when a leaf, any leaf with some flavour, falls into it you get TEA!

In Europe people used to drink plain water but then often had upset stomachs. In CHina: fewer people did in the distant historic past. In the 19th century, Monsieur Pasteur in Paris discovered that boiling water kills germs. That was a breakthrough for Western medicine. From Doctor Pasteur's name is derived the word "pasteurise", i.e. heat-treating of perishable foodsd and beverages to sterilise them. SInce this process was developed, the incidence of diarrhea, food poisonings and the spread of waterborne diseases has vastly decreased. Marco Polo should have brought tea leaves to Venice instead of bragging that he taught the Mongolian rulers the art of making spaghetti alla Venezia.

But coffee came to Europe about five centuries ago from the Near East that was at that time under Turkish rule. Coffee remained a drink de noblesse if you get my drift: only the rich could afford it. So it took us in Europe a long time before we proles also came by hot drinks that we could afford - courtesy of Docteur Pasteur de Paris.

We in the West drank cidre, beer and even wine when we did not trust the quality of drinking water. Even children drank these beverages. You can read it in Charles Dickens' novels.

Now coffee of course is a run-of-the-mill everyday drink for Westerners. Tea was popularised for some time with the help of so-called TEAROOMS. I used to patronise a tearoom in my childhood. But it offered hot milk, hot chocolate for children who did not want to drink tea.

Personally I think the Chiense tea culture is a noble institution akin to the West's wine culture.

Use magic tools Report

Is tasting wine & tasting coffee same easy or different tasting?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.