Views: 3600|Replies: 57

[US] MIT expert claims latest chemical weapons attack in Syria was staged [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-17 21:41:51 |Display all floors
Is it a lie by the US that the alleged sarin attack in Syria recently was launched by Assad regime? It appears to be the case according to a leading weapons experts from MIT.
As a matter of fact, the same accusation of Assad using chemical weapon on his own people  by the Obama administration was roundly rebuted in 2013. So it could not be ruled out that the US is playing the old trick in its attempt to justify its brutal missile attack on the Assad regime.

https://us.yahoo.com/news/mit-expert-claims-latest-chemical-100819428.html

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-19 09:19:01 |Display all floors
You are guilty of gullibility and prejudice.

Vladimir PUtin is a reputed, reputable and passionate liar.

Now you can say the exact same thing about Donald Trump if you like. JFenix will support you.

But the gas attack on a hospital in that small town happened early in the morning and an Arab journalist videoed it.

Vladimir Putin and his Syrian murder sidekick, Bashir Assad, claim the army bombed rebel positions AT NOON or thereabout.

These liars are therefore talking down a bombing that happened AT ANOTHER TIME.

The Arab journalist videoed Russian-made Sukhoi planes dropping the bomb that caused the gas deaths to civilians.

BUt hey, Itar Press, Tass, Xinhua etc. are not in the habit of giving free publicity to neutral reporters.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-19 12:36:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-19 09:19
You are guilty of gullibility and prejudice.

Vladimir PUtin is a reputed, reputable and passionate ...

Virtually, you are not arguing with me, you are arguing with a highly credible weapons expert from MIT who was a former scientific advisor at the US department of defence.

While the footage you mentioned may point to the Assad regime committing the atrocity, there are also numerous videos showing the aftermath of the attack that speak otherwise, or leave more questions than answers as to who launched the attack. For example, the dubious scenes in the hospital wards, and way the white helmets provided first aid to the victims, there are loads of conflicting evidence on the ground that need to be sort through to come to an iron-clad conclusion.

(In case you are forgetful as you usually are, it has been widely recognized that the rebels in Syria were to be blamed for the chemical weapons attack in 2013. And it doesn’t make any sense for Assad to use sarin against his people when his troops are doing pretty well on the battlefield. But I don’t think you are smart enough to factor this in when coming up with your ill-informed argument.)

Admittedly, I haven’t watched the video that you raised as proof positive for pinning the attack on the Assad regime, but from your track record on this forum and chronicle tendency to lying, I doubt the existence of the video or the credibility thereof. Even if the video does exist, the US government certainly doesn’t see it as a credible proof for serious investigations as you do. The US even doesn’t want an independent investigation being conducted into this heinous crime as Russia and China proposed.

I just try to take a neutral position on this matter, but if I am asked to take sides between the MIT weapons academic who has presented convincing scientific analysis of the evidence in the form of documents and videos, and you who almost everybody sees as an unappreciative lying brat, it’s obvious I won’t side with you. Nobody will.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-20 09:22:35 |Display all floors
Well, I too try to take a neutral position. I haven't watched any videos of the conflagration. To me, the rebels are guilty of similar crimes to the crimes committed b the supposedly legitimate regime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-20 13:01:51 |Display all floors
Sherlock Holmes famously said that the criminal always returns to the scene of his crime.  As far as the supposed use of Sarin was concerned, the first country to return to Idlib to examine the crime scene, was, UK.  According to Sherlock Holmes, the riddle ought to be solved already by the most elementary ironclad logic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-28 21:49:03 |Display all floors
abcfirst Post time: 2017-4-20 13:01
Sherlock Holmes famously said that the criminal always returns to the scene of his crime.  As far as ...

Damn right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-28 23:42:39 |Display all floors
No one ever mentioned the motivation behind the attack should the Assad regime have done so. What benefits could the Assad regime gain by hurting his own people. It's out of any logic and sense.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.