Author: UYA

Exposed: Heilongjiang International University (HIU)   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-27 15:43:16 |Display all floors
Yin_99 Post time: 2017-11-27 11:27
This could be the worst 'name calling' I've ever seen regarding an organization's reputation.  Legal ...

It is an illegitimate attempt at getting back at an employer who refused to hire UYA. UYA claims he was denied the job because of racial considerations but we do not know the employer's own rationale. To go public with such personal impressions and to attack that university is tantamount to slander. This is punishable by law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 15:44:03 |Display all floors
Yin_99 Post time: 2017-11-27 11:27
This could be the worst 'name calling' I've ever seen regarding an organization's reputation.  Legal ...

Indeed. What he is doing is not legal in anz other countrz, and I doubt it is in China.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2017-11-27 15:44:48 |Display all floors
Yin_99 Post time: 2017-11-27 15:37
The way you are dealing with 'so-called' discrimination shows your inefficiency in handling cultural ...

I'm letting people know what goes on in the China educational system.
That should be a good thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 15:46:12 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-11-27 11:51
yeah....
My hope is that the China government investigates.

The Chinese government does not respond in kneejerk fashion to such insignificant "problems". It assumes that zou know how to avail yourself of the legal recourse open to aggrieved people. Zou don't seem to trust the Chinese law, hence you seek redress the wrong way.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2017-11-27 15:50:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-27 15:43
It is an illegitimate attempt at getting back at an employer who refused to hire UYA.  ...

If you read the OP, I WAS hired!
So all this conjecture by you is false.
More small minded posting by someone who knows nothing.

Here is your post #2
"China's ethnocentric culture is racist. Nothing new to write home about."

Now you claim something else when it suits you.
More hypocritical comments that has no meaning.
Just a sign of a troubled mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 15:51:29 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 13:07
Typical Chinese reaction; trying to cover up!  The truth must be exposed for all to see how racist  ...

Is it legitimate for a foreigner to attack a Chinese employer for not giving him the job he was hunting?

What is the basis on which the complainant puts his belief that he was denied a job because of his race? There is no basis, no evidence, not proof.

UYA came to China as a TOURIST (he said so to me!) and was in touch with a Beijing-based agent. He did not come to China with a regular invitation letter to join a university.

It is common for agents to make promises as long as they see their windfall. In UYA's case, the windfall came from another lucky jobseeker. UYA was denied the teaching position for reasons nobody really knows. when you are hunting for jobs illegally - and UYA was doing that - you cannot expect agents to be upfront with you all the time.

UYA has himself to blame the most.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 15:54:09 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 13:07
Typical Chinese reaction; trying to cover up!  The truth must be exposed for all to see how racist  ...

UYA should have lined up the job from his base in the U.S.A. He should have wheedled an invitation letter out of would-be employer, come to China and started his stint. Within a month his work visa would have been converted into a Residence Permit.

But UYA chose to come to China as a TOURIST, stay in touch with unscrupulous "recruiters" and then he was victimized by them. This is normal and you cannot blame the recruiters only. It's people such as UYA who give these predators opportunities.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.