Author: UYA

Exposed: Heilongjiang International University (HIU)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-27 11:27:40 |Display all floors
This could be the worst 'name calling' I've ever seen regarding an organization's reputation.  Legal actions should be taken aganist relevant charges pointing to this university.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2017-11-27 11:51:22 |Display all floors
Yin_99 Post time: 2017-11-27 11:27
This could be the worst 'name calling' I've ever seen regarding an organization's reputation.  Legal ...

yeah....
My hope is that the China government investigates.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-27 12:39:23 |Display all floors
This could be the worst 'name calling' I've ever seen regarding an organization's reputation.  Legal ...

Exactly.

The plaintiff arrogates to himself the right to be judge as well. That is inadmissible in a regular court. A plaintiff has no right to pass judgement. That is the judge's privilege and indeed: duty.

In UYA's case there is no representative, no lawyer who defends the accused institution. The accused institution might be able to present a wholly different picture. If the truth were nearer their depiction of the facts, then UYA would be guilty of slander.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 13:07:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-11-27 13:29

Typical Chinese reaction; trying to cover up!  The truth must be exposed for all to see how racist educational institutions in China are!

This is not new, nor the only case of its kind in China.  An overseas Chinese, responding to a teaching job advertisement, called at a famous institution in Shangdong Province and asked to see the FAO(foreign affairs officer) who had spoken to him on the phone and asked him to call personally since he met all their requirements (except for one).  When the FAO saw him, he was surprised he was Chinese, not foreign looking, contrary to what he thought over the phone; the FAO immediately said, "Sorry, we want a white",  end of conversation!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 13:36:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Yin_99 at 2017-11-27 13:37

I think the university could sue you for damaging its reputation instead.  You are trying to take personal revenge by putting dishonest/irresponsible charges against your previous employer at its back in public, very mean behaviour...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 13:44:51 |Display all floors
"Racism: As a Chinese American, I was shocked to experience such blatant racism in the Chinese educational system."

Can't agree more!  This is better known as reverse racism; racism is often seen as one race prejudiced against another race, but in China, it is the Chinese prejudiced against their own kind!  What a shame!

Your experience is no different from a similar one that happened to an overseas Chinese.  He applied for a teaching job from overseas via internet site, "Teach in China' replied to the job advert of  a well known University;  sent his CV, etc. The university agreed to employ him as an English teacher, salary, and terms all agreed, including return air ticket after one year's contract, etc, even showed him a very nice teacher's dormitory photo.  Unfortunately for this bloke, he couldn't pass the final hurdle, through no fault of his; the uni asked for a copy of his passport, and a photo, which he dutifully sent, and that was the end of his contact with  the uni, no matter how hard he tried to contact them for the next step.  Reason, he later found out, was that his photo showed an Asian looking man, not a foreign looking one.  
That uni was not only racist but utterly rude and unethical, didn't even have the courtesy to tell him he had been dropped;  just cut off contact abruptly, without even the courstesy of a reply even after all terms had been agreed upon!  This is how racist Chinese educational institutions are!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 13:49:44 |Display all floors
Yin_99 Post time: 2017-11-27 13:36
I think the university could sue you for damaging its reputation instead.  You are trying to take pe ...

Wrong there; the fact that the OP provided names and evidence, suggests that it is factual, and that's what Forum wants, facts, not lies!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.