Author: linda_sun

Are more Chinese men marrying foreign women? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-12 23:29:46 |Display all floors
"Are more Chinese men marrying foreign women?"

More than what? I suspect the statistics would only qualfy as "more" if compared to pre China's opening up, and disregarding that the overall number of foreigners coming and staying in China has increased.

In comparison with foreign husband/chinese wife scearios, I don't believe that there is remarkable increase.

I know of a woman who had relationship with Chinese man in China in 70-80s, but his family didn't accept the union. The woman went back to USA and had a child there, who never knew his Chinese family.

I also suspect that it may be more difficult for Chinese parents to accept their son marrying a foreign woman, than accepting their daughter marrying a foreigner man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 01:36:21 |Display all floors
Good for them! Too many men and not enough women in China. It is about time that China 'explores' the world instead of being isolationists.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-4-13 03:02:38 |Display all floors
This is not really news just another interracial marriage

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-4-13 03:03:48 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-4-12 23:29
"Are more Chinese men marrying foreign women?"

More than what? I suspect the statistics would only  ...

She seems to be a trophy when it's just another marriage if the story is true

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 09:51:05 |Display all floors
Why not..
as the article says Chinese men don't need to be wealthy to marry foreign women. I think more Chinese men should look at the prospects of marrying a western woman
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 12:21:39 |Display all floors
The Chinese worship foreigners, especially whites, so to be able to marry a white girl is like taking a huge trophy home for all to admire!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 16:30:41 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-4-13 12:21
The Chinese worship foreigners, especially whites, so to be able to marry a white girl is like takin ...

That's not always true though when taking a white man home to meet the parents..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.