Post time 2017-4-13 14:53:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-13 14:04
... of sympathy? Not mine though.

It's an insult in contex

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-13 14:57:24 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-4-13 13:58
The Chinese State does a good job in providing PUBLIC goods and services such as high-speed rail,  ...

"...the customers at McDonald's in the USA mostly are poor people..."

Yes, and capitalism has a stake in serving them, as you posted yourself. They don't get poorer.

In China, McDonald's are the haven for the poor, the social centre for the homeless. U.S. American capitalism looks ater China's poor. It's been said by the Chinese media. What's more, McDonald's in China cater to the middle-class. The meals are cheap and yummy and cdrtainly healthier than Chinese ast ood.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 15:01:18 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-4-13 13:58
The Chinese State does a good job in providing PUBLIC goods and services such as high-speed rail,  ...

How many peasants are entitled to a pension for their retirement, and how much will that be???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 15:13:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-4-13 15:23
seneca Post time: 2017-4-13 15:01
How many peasants are entitled to a pension for their retirement, and how much will that be???  ...

You mean social security? China has a growing surplus in its Social Security System due to increasing incomes and greater contributions of current and future workers. The US Social Security System will run out of money in 2019! And the US Republican Party wants to abolish it!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 15:21:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-13 14:57
"...the customers at McDonald's in the USA mostly are poor people..."

Yes, and capitalism has a s ...

I can assure you that the ubiquitous noodle shops in China serve their social and economic function much better than McDonald's which happens to be the largest food service company in the world. Before the rise of fast-food retail, American towns and cities had their family-owned neighborhood eateries serving communities all over the USA. McDonald's together with other Capitalist-owned Corporate fast-food retail chains single-handedly destroyed these community-centric family-owned businesses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 16:17:45 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-4-13 15:13
You mean social security? China has a growing surplus in its Social Security System due to increasi ...

Nice try at obfuscating.

I didn't ask whether your social security's cofers are full or filling.

I asked point blank: how many peasants are qualified to get a pension in their old days.

Here is an example: a couple, he 70 years old, she 68, live in a small town deep in the rural parts of southern China. The man used to be a civil servant until ca. 1985 or thereabout. THen he started working as a self-employed person.

The man had a quarrel with his children over the future of his wife after he qualified for retirement. He now ets 3000 yuan a month. I say: good. Excellent.

But what about the wife? She never held down a job, never contributed to her pension so she was going to be penniless and dependent on the man for the rest of her life.

Her children then -the family had more than one child - decided to retroactively insure her for a pension. Luckily the old man changed his mind and a lump sum of 30'000 was made for her. Now she gets a monthly stipend of 500 yuan.

Needless to insist that the old man could have ignored the demands and kept her dependent on him. It could be tragic what with old men frequently rediscovering the joys of carnal pleasures with younger women. If they had divorced she would then be truly doomed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 16:20:31 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-4-13 15:21
I can assure you that the ubiquitous noodle shops in China serve their social and economic functio ...

I cannot really pick on your post. Similar sentiments were worked into novels by U..S. Americans ggreats such as John Steinbeck. I think in particular of his book, "Winter of Discontent". That was written about 80 years ago! Already then Capitalism was brutal.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.