Views: 1707|Replies: 11

Chinese company linked to slave labor in Brazil [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-12 02:53:42 |Display all floors
The Chinese multinational Cofco Agri, a company involved in the processing of agricultural products, has been fined for work similar to slavery. Thirty-one employees working in soybean management in Nova Maringá, 392 km from Cuiabá, Mato Grosso, Brazil, were rescued because they were without drinking water and housed in overcrowded and unhealthy places, among other irregularities, according to the Superintendence of Labor (SRTE-MT) ) And the Public Labor Ministry (MPT-MT).
One of the workers rescued was still a victim of a work accident and is undergoing treatment. The New Maringá Cargo Workers' Union, responsible for recruiting the employees, should respond by grooming and reducing someone to the condition analogous to that of slave labor.
In a statement, the multinational's press office said that it chose to hire employees with the participation of the union and that once it received the complaint about the situation of workers adopted the necessary adjustment measures before the supervision of the Ministry of Labor.
Cofco Agri is part of Cofco Internacional, a group present in 29 countries and had a turnover of US $ 16.9 billion last year, according to the company's website.
According to the Ministry of Labor, this was the largest operation to rescue workers in conditions analogous to slavery since 2009 when 78 people were rescued at a rural estate in Sapezal, 473 km far from the capital.

I'm a sociologist and writer. I have published books, such as "Rota de fuga, a história não conta ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-4-14 03:56:54 |Display all floors
What happened to anagment?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-14 09:03:28 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-4-14 03:56
What happened to anagment?

I'm sorry but I did not understand the question.
I'm a sociologist and writer. I have published books, such as "Rota de fuga, a história não conta ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-14 09:22:06 |Display all floors
mauriciomunhoz Post time: 2017-4-14 09:03

Dam iPad

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-14 09:23:21 |Display all floors
mauriciomunhoz Post time: 2017-4-14 09:03

What happend to basic work rights.for that country

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-14 22:58:40 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-4-14 09:23
What happend to basic work rights.for that country

According to the Brazilian government, the workers were living in degradable conditions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-15 02:18:47 |Display all floors
mauriciomunhoz Post time: 2017-4-14 22:58
According to the Brazilian government, the workers were living in degradable conditions.

Did you know under a work agreement Chinese tradesman can work in Australia and replace Australian trademan but they have to give them Australian wages and conditions, no Chinese labor companies sent workers to Australia

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.