Author: ceciliazhang

10 Popular Stereotypes About China That Couldn’t Be Further From the Truth [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-12 03:00:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1105852048 at 2017-4-12 03:12
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-4-11 15:53
The Chinese only eat rice. Guys, Chinese cuisine is one of the most diverse in the world — even the ...

Yes, most Westeners think Chinese only eat rice, when in reality they eat lots of noodles, and often even for breakfast. I love most Chinese food... especially very spicy food.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 03:01:33 |Display all floors
  • Severe punishments for drug crimes. Most foreigners are outraged by that, and, unlike other poin ...

• I disagree!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 03:08:54 |Display all floors
    ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-4-11 15:54
    One family — one child. I hadn’t even asked my friends if they had siblings before I found out [/b ...

The government finally realized that the counntry's population became older and older and not enough 'new blood' was coming forth. Thus they decided to have a new 'allowance' of two children. However,the country still has a big problem with too many men and not enough women, due to the fact that a female baby fetus was aborted [often still is] and a baby girl was killed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 03:11:23 |Display all floors
    seneca Post time: 2017-4-11 20:54
    Who is the author to decide whether harsh punishments for drugs violations "are a necessity"? Sh ...

I agree !   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 04:06:58 |Display all floors
    I have been in China long enough - almost 10 years - to have seen many 'well mannered Chinese'. Therefore, you should also mention - for comparison's sake - well mannered Westerners. You say to blow one's nose into a handkerchief is bad manners... hmm... but using two fingers  and blowing one's nose is refined? How about spitting onto the floor...at a dinner table?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 04:24:17 |Display all floors
    QQ Photo20170411131548.jpg
    Here is one example of 'good Chinese manners'...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 18:22:19 |Display all floors
    The Chinese only eat rice. Guys, Chinese cuisine is one of the most diverse in the world — even the ...

Most people who have never visited or lived in China may bear all kinds of misconception about China. Some even asked if Chinese still live in caves and move around in sedan chairs carried on shoulders of laborers.
    This is not strange but shows either China does not disseminate sufficient information to allow the world to know and learn or that there exist some sources whose purpose is just to ill speak about China. Let it be the case, but people should see for themselves.
    For food, please understand that with more than five thousand years of imperialism, Chinese emperors had enjoyed food that few could taste in a few lives times! Some preparation methods were forgotten!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
    Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
    Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
    platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.