Author: linda_sun

Foreigners eat and drink on Shanghai subway   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-12 09:03:08 |Display all floors
I am actually horrified.  People actually drinking and eating whilst travelling.  What is this world coming too..   In fact this particular  report is a load of rubbish and who cares in fact.  Let them eat drink and be merry.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 09:04:28 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-4-10 17:07
"Should the foreigners face punishment for eating on the subway? "

15 days administrative detention ...

yes good idea.. lock them up for being to happy and enjoying life..    thank the lord these terrible people will be locked up and be unable to enjoy the simple things of life...  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-12 13:24:12 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-4-12 08:34
THe guy on right drinking a glass of wine looks very French don't you think

At first I thought he looked exactlyl ike Andrew Fuzhonglong, who is from Britain and has some business in Shanghai, but come to think of it, most Brits look like French, don't they? Especially after drinking a couple of glassfuls of ale or something stronger.. .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 13:29:44 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-4-12 08:34
THe guy on right drinking a glass of wine looks very French don't you think

Very French, hein? To me he looked exactly like our English forumite Andrew Fuzhoulong who happens to live in Shanghai some time during the year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-12 15:45:05 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-12 13:29
Very French, hein? To me he looked exactly like our English forumite Andrew Fuzhoulong who happe ...

the guy with the beard maybe
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 07:52:58 |Display all floors
Sometimes, doing something a little creazy can help society evolve, I know a chinese city in wich the metro system now accept bicycle, it was not the case before, but some foreigners talked to the company, and showed it was possible to do it without causing too much problems...now, a lot of people use this service, that's great!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 09:34:02 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2017-4-13 07:52
Sometimes, doing something a little creazy can help society evolve, I know a chinese city in wich th ...

I think you misunderstand this incident. I don't for a minute believe the foreigners in the picture were trying to introduce the concept of having breakfast in the underground trains. In point of fact, foreigners havealways been disgusted by the habit of many Chinese to eat food anywhere, in offices, shops, while walking in a street,  and especially in public buses and light trains. The ban on eating has only been in force a couple of years and of course it is not enforced strictly enough. It is the same as with smoking.

Bikes in underground railways is not feasible in China. The trains fill up too full. Even in Hong Kong, which is light years ahead in everything, you cannot take a bike with you.

I maintain my suspicion: the picture was staged. Maybe it was planted in the Chinese media with the idea to stir up Chinese nationalist angger and to wipe out a bad habit among Chinese themselves. BUt the picture hardly is what it seems to be.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.