Author: tenith

Why aren't the Germans re-militarizing when it can   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-15 10:16:50 |Display all floors
tenith Post time: 2017-4-14 19:23
How do you know the Germans weren't waiting for everyone to lower their guard against them? You've ...

I am not interested in comparing the "English" with the Germans in this context. You arrived at some pretty childish conclusions. Supremacy? The English? If I could clack like a chicken I would cause the chickens in my neighbourhood to laugh themselves to death with your inanities.

The English are not superior. They are an insular nation of shopkeepers who have always needed the world as a market place. It is good to know they have helped the world get ahead through trade; tin played a major role in the development of Britain 5000 years ago as tin was mined in England and exported to the eastern Mediterranean to be turned into bronze. But then came more advanced peoples, the Greeks, the Romans, and Britain became a backwater again. It reached new heights as a result of its ties to European aristocrats that helped push trade between England and the COntinent. Most notable in this trade were the textile exports from Antwerp and the Netherlands to England and wine from Bordeaux, later port from the Iberian peninsula. The downside always was that the Brits meddled in European domestic affairs. They went to war with the Russians and the Turks over the Black Sea and the Crimea; they felt threatened by Napoleon, and they felt encroached upon in the new colonies by the French. They went to wars to enlarge their empire in Africa, Asia and S America at the expense of the Dutch, the Spanish and prior to WW I, the Germans.

Since European colonialism is now safely and firmly a thing of the past there is no likelihood for the Germans and the English to be pitted against each other in a major conflict. The only points of friction are in trade and over how to exit the E.U.

You must have been kicked out of history lessons from middle school on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-15 19:26:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-10 14:29
You lack basic insight and an understanding of history as well as of people's needs.

The Germans  ...
The Germans are not like the expansionist Chinese.

(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-17 14:03:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-15 10:16
I am not interested in comparing the "English" with the Germans in this context. You arrived at  ...

If Europeans are not in contest, why is NATO encroaching into Russian sphere? Why are the English still spending a lot in military?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-17 17:07:29 |Display all floors
tenith Post time: 2017-4-17 14:03
If Europeans are not in contest, why is NATO encroaching into Russian sphere? Why are the English  ...

That is the first thing I can agree to: Nato has been used as a Usanian instrument to force Russia east and out of its former satellites. The new boundary between the West and Russia now encompasses former Soviet colonies such as Poland the Baltic republics, Slovakia Czech and Rumania. Ukraine is the last big chunk on the chopping block.

But who wants to push east? Not the Germans. The U.S. Americans and Britain want. Germany is unwilling, involuntary accomplice because it is a member of Nato and gets protection against the Russians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-17 20:02:07 |Display all floors
But who wants to push east? Not the Germans. The U.S. Americans and Britain want. Germany is unwilling, involuntary accomplice because it is a member of Nato and gets protection against the Russians.

The Germans are content to have the EU to play with.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-19 10:23:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-17 17:07
That is the first thing I can agree to: Nato has been used as a Usanian instrument to force Russ ...

What's the incentive for UK to push east? It is leaving the EU which is trying to get Ukraine on board? No way UK can get Ukraine into the UK. Given that Germany is a participant pushing west, regardless of whether it wants to or not, then it follows if it is in this act, then it should be spending more on military than do UK which enjoys the sea as a natural buffer, security wise. In addition UK is one of the Five-Eyes with US, hence in its defence, UK enjoys greater security than do Germany. On this Germany should be wanting to look after itself more as an indispensable need rather than whether it likes to or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-19 22:31:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-17 17:07
That is the first thing I can agree to: Nato has been used as a Usanian instrument to force Russ ...

..and gets protection against the Russians.....

they should invest protections against the USA ...!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.