Views: 992|Replies: 24

Can China Do Democracy Better than the West?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-3 18:22:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ChinaTheParagon at 2017-4-3 18:39

I have noticed that many Chinese citizens don't see democracy as inherently bad, but simply point out that the West has not truly implemented democracy.  

These Chinese citizens point out that democracy is just an illusion in the West, and in reality, the West is ruled by an oligarchy.

So, I can understand when Chinese citizens feel that it is hypocritical when a Westerner criticizes China for their lack of democracy.

As such, I wonder if China can build a true democracy, one this is not an oligarchy, but rather where each Chinese citizen does actually count as an equal person and truly has a valid vote for the candidates and policies of their choice.

I do believe China can achieve this and serve as a model for the West about how a true democracy is supposed to operate.

I predict we will soon be seeing a peaceful and orderly transition to a true democracy in China, and they will do it so well and quintessentially that they will indeed be admired and emulated by the rest of the world, especially the West.  

The Chinese are a very talented people and have often humbled the West by doing things better.  I believe this pattern will continue on into the future.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-6 06:03:40 |Display all floors
Where is your proof that China can do even one thing better than the West?  

China is worst at everything.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-4-6 21:17:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-4-6 21:17:27 |Display all floors
Phillip9 Post time: 2017-4-6 06:03

China is worst at ever ...

China is best at everything

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-6 22:57:39 |Display all floors
Too many Chinese equal democracy to USA. For true democracy, they should look to where the concept was born, in Europe. These days, especially to Northern Europe.

Even in comparison to USA, China has longer way to go than USA.

USA's problem is that power of money has eaten into the pie of democracy, and there is less for common public to eat. If USA could solve issues related to that (which is unlikely in near future), they wouldn't be far from the right path.

China cannot become a true democracy in its current form. Sure, every Chinese may get to vote on some issues, but it's not democracy until they can vote for everything that they can think of, including changing the whole political system.

Chinese democracy will only develop when and how the leading party allows it to develop, and that by nature makes the system undemocratic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-7 00:38:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-7 01:44:07 |Display all floors
Phillip9 Post time: 2017-4-6 06:03

China is worst at ever ...

I disagree, China is not the worst in everything.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.