Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese overseas students cannot afford ambulance fees [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-2 17:16:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-2 17:01
But women experience more painful gynecological conditions than do men.

So they say

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-6 11:26:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-31 16:51
Maybe these students need to learn a vital lesson: if you contract the flu you should not demand a ...

Am I the exception? I won't go to hospital for I just have a flu. I'd take a rest, drink more water and if it becomes serious, take some herbal medicine.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-6 13:37:05 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-4-6 11:26
Am I the exception? I won't go to hospital for I just have a flu. I'd take a rest, drink more wate ...

Self-diagnosis can be risky, you know. If it is not a matter of simple flu but a gastritic condition you might have to get a doctor's opinion.

In European countries, patients don't go to hospitals first. They go to a physician who can decide if the case warrants hospitalisation. This way, hospitals are not overwhelmed b sheer numbers of patients. ut zou need to be willing to pay the extra cost. First the doctor does not work for free. Then, if you do need hospitalisation, it will cost quite a bit. You will then be taken care of 24 hours a day, including meals, bodily ablutions and so on. Patients must have an insurance coverage but how much coverage you opt for is your choice. You will pay for the extras. The cheapest coerages kick in only after you have paid a few thousand yuan or Euros yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-6 13:55:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-4-6 13:37
Self-diagnosis can be risky, you know. If it is not a matter of simple flu but a gastritic conditi ...

That sounds more reasonable, compared with the China's medical system. But is it time consuming if everyone goes to a physician for treatment, esp in an urgent case?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-6 16:32:57 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-4-6 13:55
That sounds more reasonable, compared with the China's medical system. But is it time consuming if ...

Not so.
You can actually make an appointment with your doctor and he or she will receive you on time. That way you can schedule a visit to a doctor's office when it suits you or when you most urgently need to. This is in contrast to what Chinese people experience in China. Ina Western country you cannot gate-crash a hospital by demanding admission to the emergency ward. You have to be delivered there by ambulance.

We also have doctors who actually come to your home if you are seriously ill.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.