Views: 487|Replies: 4

Are native speakers of English more suitable to teach English in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-28 23:05:55 |Display all floors
Are native speakers of English more suitable to teach English in China?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-31 11:22:26 |Display all floors

Your question is incomplete; it contains a comparative without offering two sides to compare with ech other. "More suitable than which other type of speakers of English"???

By the way, this topic has been overdone in our Forum.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-31 15:57:06 |Display all floors
It depends whether or not the 'native' speaker has a decent command of Chinese.

My English is reasonable i don't have any major qualifications but my written Chinese is zero I only recognise the HAHA in Chinese symbols because it looks like two little houses.
I only know about one hundred words in PY.

So I could not possible consider being a teacher of the English Language, I know a fair bit about China but that's of no use as a teacher.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-4-2 12:20:12 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-3-31 15:57
It depends whether or not the 'native' speaker has a decent command of Chinese.

My English is reaso ...

Why is literacy in Chinese a necessary condition to being English teacher in China? It is not a necessity. Learners pick up the target language more quickly and accurately with a person speaking one language only.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.