Views: 1775|Replies: 10

How do you honor the deceased loved ones? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-28 15:46:40 |Display all floors

Different countries have different customs, when it comes to honoring the deceased people. In China we have a day for people to honor their deceased relatives and friends, which is called Qingming Festival or Tomb-Sweeping Day. People visit the graves, sweep the tombs, offer food, and burn incense and paper money. We would really like to hear if you could share your story of remembering the loved ones. You can use this as reference:

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=941690&highlight=qingming

2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-28 23:28:34 |Display all floors
I just keep them in my thoughts and remember the good times with them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-29 02:37:59 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2017-3-28 23:28
I just keep them in my thoughts and remember the good times with them.

yes, I do the same.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-29 04:21:22 |Display all floors
With respect

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-29 09:02:39 |Display all floors
It's a custom, it's a culture, it's a history. it's a inheritance!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-29 10:04:48 |Display all floors
My grandfather passed away in 2013 at the age of 95. He was an independent man even during his 90s. He didn't like the city life so he chose to live alone in the hometown. He was liked by all the village people and whenever they were free, they just stopped by and talked with him. They liked talking about their worries and anxieties, and like magic my grandfather helped them at ease. He was a generous man and offered help whenever and wherever people were in need. He was always so kind to me and always had something to say to inspire me with his witty words when I wanted to give up. When he suffered from cancer in his later years, he was still optimistic and upbeat, and rarely complained. Four years passed, I still think about him, I still remember the time I had with him. These always bring tears to my eyes. I wish I had the chance to hear more stories from "back in his day". There was always laughter when he was around, happiness as if there is no need for concern in the world when he was around.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-29 10:11:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zuokanni at 2017-3-29 10:27

I will remember them forever, and transmit the love and warmness they give to me to the ones I love, so their love will not die. As long as their love lie, they will live forever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.