Author: 茉莉儿

Try Solving This Math Puzzle That Is Making People Go Crazy on Facebook [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-21 14:37:42 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-21 12:28
That was one of the questions in a mathematics exam paper.
The entire exam paper had only diagrams ...

Ah, thanks. It is hard to rote-learn diagrams and figures. More studies should be done to compare how the Chinese mind learns. With view to accelerated learning.

Trigonometry is fine; so too analytic geometry. China has many great mathematicians and computer experts. Unfortunately i left numerical analysis and other subjects like chemistry, physics and biology over thirty five years ago which is too long to get back into it again. If only we have a way to refresh instantly what we have learned, and add that ability to accelerated learning of new things, we will be able to retain more.  But to spin a new idea out of seemingly disconnected facts would call for lateral viewing and thinking. We chase logical solutions but forget the spark of curiosity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-21 14:40:56 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2017-3-21 12:47
That's kinda harsh.      

He's a nice person actually. He's been posting gud threads & never  ...

Thank you for your advice!
Will be good to know about him from you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-21 14:43:15 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2017-3-21 12:43
Pity that my mathematics's so bad that I can't solve it.      

Ah...pls don't try 2 explain i ...

Perhaps, the test has been designed to put in it more practical problems that we do need to face daily.
Making our brains to solve this type of problem is good. Our vision widens and with the march of time will cross the horizon to reach goals beyond.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.