Views: 359|Replies: 9

[Memory] Cats in my life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-19 12:01:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Hinge at 2017-3-20 19:29

I love cats, and there are people who love cats as well. I'd like to share some stories about my cats, they are different, but i love them all the same. They are angels, and now i don't have any cat, until i would promise them a good life and enough love. Most memories of my cats are happy, but ends in sorrow, I believe they are now stars shining in the sky, and they accompanying with me all the time. If you want to share your stories, here i am. Plus thx for correcting me.

The first cat of mine is an old lady, and her hair is brown with black stripes. We called her "MIMI"(the most common name for cats in China during that time). She actually belongs to my paternal grandmother and then became a nanny of me. When I was old enough to remember, she is as old as my grandmother to cat lifespan. She is tender and patient, always playing with me. I’m not sure how old i was then, 2 or 3 years old. Once I looked at her whiskers, they are white and long, i wondered: “ Did she brush her teeth? Why doesn’t she shave herself? She is a girl, girls are clean and pretty, even my dad shaves.” so i decided to help her become clean and pretty. I brushed her teeth at first, since I like strawberry toothpaste and I guess so does her, but she was grinning when i put it in her mouth, then I changed to my grandma’s mint toothpaste, well, still grinning. I thought she was too lazy to use toothpaste, so it might be stimulating. OK, just very little, we made it! Second, shaving part, the most impressive, and that really scared me. I’m afraid to damage her fur, so I pulled her whispers very carefully, as I touched a whisper, she suddenly protracted her paws, I was frozen by her spreading nails. She would scratch me, at the moment she almost scratched my left hand, she seems to recognize who i am and she controlled her nails immediately, but it’s still too late, i was scratched. They’re just superficial wounds, but I felt upset and heart-broken. Since then, we were not as close as before, and every time she looked at me, her eyes were full of sorry, but i still didn’t forgive her. However, one day i didn’t see her, i got a little nervous, but i did nothing. That night, my grandma went outside to look for her, but found nothing, then i got very anxious and dreaming about her the whole night, i don’t remember the dreams, but i remember the lingering fear when i woke up. The other day i went out with my grandma, and we heard a cat drowning. That’s her, i was not brave enough to see her body, and my grandma buried her old friend, and she has never had a cat anymore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:29:24 |Display all floors
Then my aunt gave me a baby cat as a birthday gift. That’s how “Baixue”came into my life, I named her that way for she’s all white with eyes one amber and the other sapphire. She is shy in the first place, and her favorite is to curl on my lap, quiet and warm, she looks so soft like a Tangyuan(dumplings made from glutinous rice flour). Everyday I woke up by her meow meow meow, and welcomed by her after school. I’m a person of few words, don’t like sharing feelings, parents were always busy, and she was the only one I’d like to talk with. We grew up together, played together and talked together. Her accompanying means a lot for me. Once I was bullied by several girls in my class, I can’t tell anyone except my cat, that night she was sleeping with me, I know she understood me, I’m sure of that. When I began crying, she looked at me and licked my tears. I miss her. Maybe she’s too good for me so I can’t have her. It was summer in 2004, my cousin came to my house, one day she told me a man on TV was knife, her words confused me and when I found out he is not a knife afterwards, his name is “Daolang”(literally dao refers to knife, and lang refers to man), I laughed so hard. That should have been a happy day. After an early supper, I was aware that Baixue didn’t eat her meal, bad feeling was striking me, I ran outside, calling “Baixue” everywhere, but no response. A neighbor heard me and told me she had seen my cat in the afternoon limping towards a garbage heap. I rushed to the garbage heap but didn’t find her at first, then my cousin came with a flashlight could I find my cat. She was curling like she used to, stiff and peace, I can’t image what she had suffered, someone saw she hit by a car. I cursed who hit her death and I hated myself. Every time I see white cat I think it’s Baixue, but they can’t be. Baixue now is lying in my old house in countryside, she was so lonely for just had me. She is really good at catching mice, but I used to threw mice that she gave me as gifts and blame her for that. In the countryside, she will make many friends, communicate about mice-catching, find a good boy with maybe orange stripes, and forget me.  What a wonderful world. There’s a lump in my throat, I miss her desperately.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-21 00:06:22 |Display all floors
Hinge Post time: 2017-3-20 22:29
Then my aunt gave me a baby cat as a birthday gift. That’s how “Baixue”came into my life, I named ...

YUK

I hate them I wouldn't have a dog either but I don't dislike them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-21 12:50:06 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-3-21 00:06
YUK

I hate them I wouldn't have a dog either but I don't dislike them

that's ok, we are two persons.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-21 15:53:33 |Display all floors
Where is pussy?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-21 17:37:52 |Display all floors
Hinge Post time: 2017-3-21 12:50
that's ok, we are two persons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-21 18:10:21 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-3-21 15:53
Where is pussy?

you wanna see pictures, sorry, there's no picture, just stories.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.