Author: 茉莉儿

Should America Be the Global Sheriff?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-20 15:11:35 |Display all floors
no. it can't be done. rome was, hit apeak and declined. one philosphy cannot dictate to another,but a common interest between such as terrorism or piracy is another matter. still 1 country can't be the savior of mankind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 17:39:59 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-19 21:15
The "smaller powers"concept is interesting and is favored by many. I think it has severe limitatio ...

Should look and learn from what happened in Europe after WW2.

The smaller states were divided between USA and Soviet Union as their regions of influence. Then first the big powers (mostly USSR) took those small countries it "owned" by force, and later when Soviet Union broke down, the small countries found that they want to reorganize themselves which resulted in Balkan wars for example.

And same thing happend with African colonization I guess.

I think it's fine if few big countries police the world, but they shouldn't do those same post WW2 mistakes.

And as I tried to describe in prevoous post in this thread, separation of powers should apply. Police should not make laws, only enforce them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 21:20:49 |Display all floors
US has slapped itself in the face. They are supposed to be leaders of the world. The leader itself is in trouble.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:24:36 |Display all floors
US self proclaimed to take the role of world police after World War II.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:26:29 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-3-18 20:05
No.  Absolutely not.  Especially now.  There can be no trust in Trump to do the right thing.

The price of being a world leader is high!
No easy task!
However, US has done it through self-proclamation by one of its then president.
In his speech regarding some military campaign, he declared US had to lead and take the role of world police to ensure peace for the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:27:21 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-3-18 20:05
No.  Absolutely not.  Especially now.  There can be no trust in Trump to do the right thing.

US is the world police!
This role of great honour will not cease!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:27:50 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2017-3-18 20:59
corrupt USA will be never the Global Sheriff

US is the world police! Like it or not!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.