Author: linda_sun

Elderly Chinese man whacked over the head with umbrella in New York   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Why were the police not called I find this story difficult to believe

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-17 20:48
Dare you to bet with me that if I can make friends with 10 New Yorkers with various ethnicity origin ...

Define friends?

Use magic tools Report

teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-17 20:48
Dare you to bet with me that if I can make friends with 10 New Yorkers with various ethnicity origin ...

$500 US is a lot of money, especially for a wager... besides, I don't gamble.  You probably could make friends with 10 New Yorkers of various ethnic backgrounds, I don't doubt that.  I was just saying you must exercise caution in NYC, as with any major US city such as LA, Houston, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago or Detroit.  There are relatively safe areas and downright grab your socks dangerous areas.  The NYPD has a web page dedicated to Crime Prevention and Personal Safety in the Big Apple for tourists... it's also available in PDF format.  NYC has a reputation for being very fast paced and the natives extremely rude.  I spent some time in the East Village of Manhattan at the Cooper Union School of Art... that was a little more than 40 years ago though.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by teatree16 at 2017-3-18 14:48

Is there any place in the world guaranteed being totally exclusive of crimes?  Probably not.  Maybe  the safest way is home-staying.  So in your mind, which city has impressed you so far for its friendly people & safe environment?

Use magic tools Report

GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-17 23:05
Please do not impress upon others your IGNORANCE!
Please do wait for the report after investigatio ...

Oh, will you shut up!! Almost every one of your posts starts with the same boring, idiotic sentence. Give it a rest, you shabi little child.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

dusty1 Post time: 2017-3-18 05:05
Define friends?

Someone he can "practice his English with" for 5 minutes.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-18 11:58
Is there any place in the world with 100% guarantee out of crime scene?  Probably not.  Maybe  the s ...

Vancouver.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.