Author: senoritazhao

Tillerson promises new policy on North Korea   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-17 22:04
Now, many will find my solution for the Korea problem overwhelmingly-favorable to China and a gre ...

A sober analysis, but from my point of view it is far too China-friendly.

I think comparing Mexico and Canada to the Korean peninsula is misleading.

The U.S.'s intolerance of foreign powers meddling in Mexico and Canada has historic roots different to those the communist Chinese have for their hostility to Western involvement in Korea. Just one salient point: China in the past had zero interest in open trans-oceanic links. It wasn't interested in trade. Korea was not a threat to Chinese economic activities or exports. The Korean peninsula simply is divided because of Communism and CXapitalism's unwavering struggle against each other. Both are expansionist.

Use magic tools Report

1105852048 Post time: 2017-3-18 02:13
What a great idea you have... LOL!

Raton's "ideas" always come across as "great" after I drove my Komatsu steamroller over his mousey head and flattened his brain. This way his ideas get a little more concentrated... I just did this yesterday.

Use magic tools Report

Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-18 04:46
And I would hope China would make it EASIER for the US to offer such a resolution by promising (secr ...

You give the phrase "independent Korea" a very new and unique meaning.

Use magic tools Report

JFenix Post time: 2017-3-18 05:29
I agree that N. Korea lies in China's area of influence.  Its on China to contain or try a regime  ...

Why is that? I always thought you were serious and sincere in saying "empires are evil". Why should China be given carte blanche in imposing its preferred political solutions to Korean domestic issues???

Use magic tools Report

seneca Post time: 2017-3-18 09:53
Why is that? I always thought you were serious and sincere in saying "empires are evil". Why shoul ...

They are neighbors.  If N. Korea starts a war than China will be impacted.  China has a relationship with N. Korea that is much better than ours.  They are the only logical choice to deal with N. Korea.  China is a world power now and that has responsibilities.  If there is going to be any country that could be successful in containing N. Korea - its China.  You have to give them credit for that right?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

sfphoto Post time: 2017-3-17 23:38
They can't help it. Peace is bad for business.

no they cant ..hypocrites, Arabs have the oil, so all good there . N Korea has noting, but hey.. he has the right bombs...war..? nope  

Use magic tools Report

Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-17 22:04
Now, many will find my solution for the Korea problem overwhelmingly-favorable to China and a gre ...

...It is time China and the USA ELIMINATED this unneccessary Korean nuisance!...

N Korea is a buffer between the US and China, Is all about useful id-ots

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.