Author: senoritazhao

Tillerson promises new policy on North Korea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-18 02:15:31 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-17 22:10
That may be a symbolic gesture by the US toward China. However, the present Kim family dictatorshi ...

I really like your thoughtful posting!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 04:40:54 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-3-17 13:15
I really like your thoughtful posting!

Thanks. I'm sincere.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 04:46:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2017-3-17 15:47

And I would hope China would make it EASIER for the US to offer such a resolution by promising (secretly) to get rid of the Kim family and the nukes. And by stating (publicly) that they wish to have a friendly, prosperous and inependent Korea as their closest neighbour and partner. Because elements in the USA and ROK would call thiis "betraying an ally". It is NOT - if China permits Korea to remain independent (like the USA permits Canada to remain independent). If China is going to be a "Great World Power" is must build TRUST!
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 05:29:48 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-17 22:04
Now, many will find my solution for the Korea problem overwhelmingly-favorable to China and a gre ...

I agree that N. Korea lies in China's area of influence.  Its on China to contain or try a regime change.  

I would go further and state that the US should not take much of a role here period and I AM american.  

Nothing anti-american about that stance.  

If China wants to work with the US on reducing a threat in N. Korea, that is one thing, but they should lead and not us.  We should not be out there making threats or provoking war.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 06:53:28 |Display all floors
America has no time for little child pranks of North Korea. The new president wants to replicate Emperor QINGSHIHUANG by building the great wall of MEXICO. He gets to provide 1 million jobs to his supporters. Such thoughtful leader.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-18 09:42:23 |Display all floors
The Chinese proposal is self-serving and useless to the other countries. It links two separate and inter-Korean issues to obtain an advantage for China.

That's not going to be swallowed. And the Chinese side knows that. An exercise in futility!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-18 09:43:19 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2017-3-17 11:32
Tillerson and the and the US  should stop antagonizing N Korea.

...yeah, sure, and N Korea should be given licence to kill all escaped N Koreans in Malaysia, Thailand, Macau, China...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.