Author: linda_sun

'American' English teacher brags about how easy Chinese women are   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-17 22:47:35 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-17 15:21
As I suggest earlier that mainstream English teachers should be recruited to teach Chinese students  ...

Very common in rural China to see foreigners teaching English. Majority of them could not pronounce correctly. However, they command higher pay than their Chinese counterparts. Reason could be having more confidence in them by parents of the students. Unfortunately, most students learnt broken English. Examples are, 'me and my friends', 'we gone', 'he runs yesterday' and many more. What to do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 22:52:44 |Display all floors
China government does not take harsh punitive measures against them. This is similar to harmful consumer products sold in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 22:53:56 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-3-17 10:04
More than likely a fake video. Somebody masquerading as an American. Probably started mouthing off i ...

Farmers could be employed. They could loose their jobs!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 22:55:25 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2017-3-17 12:48
Why? I find myself uninterested in teachers, especially the 1s from abroad.        

Feel pity 4 ...

It will be a social and then national problem. Rural China sees too many of them. Nothing has been done. More is flooding in.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 22:59:05 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2017-3-17 13:41
I'm curious why he can find a job as English teacher in China. It seems that anyone can teach Engl ...

On some visits as consultant to large scale projects, many so called quaiified professional translators were assigned but none of them could understand simple basic English. At the end, they explained they understood but just could not manage it as foreigners do. They even insisted the same will for foreigners if Chinese were used.
What kind of a logic?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 23:50:03 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2017-3-17 16:18
this was proven to be a video faked by a chinese company promoting their product

Have you got an English language link to this? I'd be interested in reading that.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 23:51:55 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-3-17 18:34
" Plumber" back home, ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER in Baoding !

First time I read this story, he was a farmer back home. Now he's a plumber. The article was edited. Interesting.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.