Author: Donk

Will China and Russia Ever Form a Military Alliance, Similar to NATO? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-14 10:29:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-3-14 20:21
edisonone Post time: 2017-3-14 04:54
I think Deng's "no matter if you are a white cat or a black one" is what we are seeing today, not  ...

Even though China is not interested in forming a military alliance with Russia, their NATIONAL SURVIVAL depends upon such a military alliance in the event that the USA starts a war against either Russia or China. In other words, the USA can't start a war against Russia WITHOUT targeting China next nor can the USA start a war against China WITHOUT targeting Russia next.

Because Russia views itself as a military power first and foremost, the USA views Russia as its military rival. But Putin's strategy of directly challenging the USA in Syria is quite risky because Russia simply does not have the resources to mount such a sustained military campaign. That's why Putin wants a negotiated political settlement not a pyrrhic military solution to the Syrian Civil War.

China is different. Military power is just one component of the strategic depth that China is seeking to expand its influence all over the world. China views itself as a non-Western Civilization that can help build non-Western countries to become prosperous members of the world community of nations. For all the talk of alleged Chinese aggression in the SCS, China is simply not interested in getting involved in military conflicts even in its own backyard.

China is better off playing and winning the geo-economic game. And it looks like China will win with the RCEP set to replace the TPP that Trump killed shortly after becoming President of the USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 11:30:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2017-3-13 21:31
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-13 14:34
If the US treated China better (removed its forces from Korea; urged Taiwan to rejoin China), China  ...

China may, I repeat, may, enter into a "UNIQUE" alliance of kind with the US somewhere in the "near future". There won't be quid pro quo involved. China simply won't betray her neighbour regardless. The words "too close for comfort" comes into play here if without this neighbour as a hedge. Rather, I'm of the opinion China will come to her neighbour's aid if her neighbour is ever violated. She have to come to her neighbour's aid. She have no choice in the natter.  Too many Dr. Strangelove characters in this world for her to put off her guard. End of story.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 17:14:42 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2017-3-14 11:30
China may, I repeat, may, enter into a "UNIQUE" alliance of kind with the ...

No China won't because China does not need the USA. PERIOD.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-15 06:39:26 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-3-14 01:14

船到橋頭自然直: OK. We don't need them then. However, "NEED" is a two way street. Its a you scratch my back and I yours situation, a give and take, and a -- win some lose some situation. We'll be OK.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-15 09:33:19 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-3-14 17:14

China will need big bandage after Trump defeat China's military and make China free.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-15 14:33:00 |Display all floors
EmperorTrump Post time: 2017-3-14 17:33
China will need big bandage after Trump defeat China's military and make China free.

Home is where the heart is:

Does this look anything like Trump's going beat the shi'ts out of the Chinese? I don't think so.

Wish on, Man!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-15 16:07:09 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2017-3-14 11:30
China may, I repeat, may, enter into a "UNIQUE" alliance of kind with the ...

I tend to agree with you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.