Views: 917|Replies: 23

Will China and Russia Ever Form a Military Alliance, Similar to NATO? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-14 00:28:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Donk at 2017-3-14 00:31

It is my understanding that Russia wants to form a military alliance with China, but China's government believes that China should never be required to go to war for non-Chinese people, so they refuse to form a military alliance with Russia or anyone else.  This was why China refused to help Russia in Syria.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 00:54:00 |Display all floors
Correct. Russia needs allies such as China to form a military alliance against NATO but China isn't interested in getting dragged into wars which does not serve its national security.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 04:23:35 |Display all floors

"Will China form alliance with Russia"

C'mon! Russia is helping India upgrade its BrahMos with an aim of increasing its range to compete with other worldly counteroarts; negotiating with New Dehli for Rafale and J-20 counterparts with a demand by New Dehli for direct technology transferred of the aircraft, not to mention the leasing of the Admiral Gorshkov and, of course, Akuka Class SSN's fitted for Brahmoses and other missiles with an offer to New Delhi Russia's Backjack and their S-400 air defense system. Now that "IS NOT" an "ALLY" in the making if you ask me...  

As I always say: Russians are a peope symbolized by a two headed snake (or was it a balkin eagle)? Seriously, even with all of the bigotry tgriwn at us by the Americans, I'm more inclined to believe that we'll one day find that we will be aligned (common goals and interests) with the US again more than we will, ever, with Russia. But, before that hapoens, i said if once and i'll say again:

China and the US will come to an arm wrestle with one another before anything of tge above will happen...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 04:54:20 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-3-13 08:54
Correct. Russia needs allies such as China to form a military alliance against NATO but China isn't  ...

I think Deng's "no matter if you are a white cat or a black one" is what we are seeing today, not just in Chinese poltics and strategical interests, but in interests throughout the world today. In other words, the word comradely and brothers in arm is long dead.  
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-14 05:17:39 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-3-14 00:54
Correct. Russia needs allies such as China to form a military alliance against NATO but China isn't  ...

List time China and Russia got together the world got their child North Korea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 06:34:53 |Display all floors
If the US treated China better (removed its forces from Korea; urged Taiwan to rejoin China), China would have no interest in any anti NATO alliance. That's my opinion as a very pro-American Canadian.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 08:52:17 |Display all floors
With Russia cooperating and selling in the lilitary domain to India, Vietnam, and with russian weapon using some parts made in west, it sounds funny

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.