Views: 2925|Replies: 32

Is China becoming a cashless society? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-3-13 10:06:36 |Display all floors
NPC deputy Yu Chun, a bus driver from the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou, wants to drive forward the concept of "cashless cities." Thanks to Alibaba and wechat, mobile payments have taken off in China, with a majority of Chinese consumers using their mobile phones to make payments, online and physically. Can a cashless society work in China?
2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 22:35:26 |Display all floors
I do wish they would hurry up and show some consideration to the people behind!!
I was stuck behind 2 customers in macdonalds this morning who both paid by using wechat!!
normally not a problem if you use cash, but mobile takes much longer if they don't know how to use it
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 22:39:46 |Display all floors
In a limited and restricted concept, China has moved quickly into cashless society for some forms of monetary transactions.
This is definitely good! First, there is real time fund transfer that completes instanteneously. Further, no longer need to queue up at banks. Reduction in paperwork and physical handling of monetary transaction. That increases productivity. However, users must be more cautious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 22:44:45 |Display all floors
Banks could install less new ATM, Auto Teller Machine. The required maintenance and service will be reduced. Gradually, the number of ATM will even reduce. Probably, ATM will for foreigners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 01:34:42 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-13 22:39
In a limited and restricted concept, China has moved quickly into cashless society for some forms of ...

In this regard China is somewhat ahead of the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 08:04:41 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-3-13 22:35
I do wish they would hurry up and show some consideration to the people behind!!
I was stuck behind  ...

It happens sometimes. But it really takes less time and is much more convenient as long as you know how to use your phone for payments. For those elderly people, I don't think they will figure out a way to adapt to it, at least for now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 08:11:37 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-13 22:44
Banks could install less new ATM, Auto Teller Machine. The required maintenance and service will be  ...

I don't have to queue up at a bank for transactions. Download an apps and you can fix almost all the businesses online. But if you forget your password and put in the wrong one several times, you have to change your password at the counter. That's annoying.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.