Views: 3613|Replies: 20

Can We Formulate a Special Law—Parents Education Law?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-10 14:08:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 茉莉儿 at 2017-3-10 14:40

Can We Formulate a Special Law—Parents Education Law?
Parents are beyound question the first teachers of children, and usually the first teachers have much affection. Another national political adviser, Cao Dewang, advised that Parents Education Law should be made.And the government should allot a sum of money for training parents first before they have children. What is more, colleges and universities should design "Parents Education Programme" to promote the professionalization and effectiveness of family education.
家长教育.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 15:04:05 |Display all floors

Parents have big impacts on their children's emotional, mental and academic education, but I know plenty of parents who abdicate their responsiblity once their child gets to school. They don't take an interest in what their child is learning, and get angry when the child underperforms or fails exams.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2017-3-13 17:16:20 |Display all floors
A certificate is very much needed. Their are some people that don't know how a child thinks, not to mention how to take care of them. Too many parents have neglected their children and are incapable of being good parents. Hopefully, the law might prevent inconsiderate people from causing misery to other people as well as the society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 20:28:36 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2017-3-13 17:16
A certificate is very much needed. Their are some people that don't know how a child thinks, not to  ...

China has too big and too diverse population (socio-economically) to come up with very detailed scheme for thing like this. Some common guidelines can of course be made.

But more importantly than any exact instructions, building this kind of framework where parents-to-be would be required (and given the possibility, even in rural areas) to visit a councellor prior to giving birth (or even prior to conceiving), could be roots for good development of the society.

Eventually this kind of system, that guarantees that parents are at least informed what having and raising kids should be about, could replace other population control policies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 01:44:48 |Display all floors
Perhaps a good thing to look into because Chinese children that become parents are still children themselves and have no clue about parenting themselves. However, the other problem might also be the grandparents and parents of these 'parent-children' and their ideras and influence.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-14 06:58:48 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-3-13 15:04
Parents have big impacts on their children's emotional, mental and academic education, but I know pl ...

I am rubbing my eyes seeing this thread: the very idea is mine and I posted it in our Forum several years ago.

Yes: parents everywhere in the world need SPECIAL EDUCATION.

My idea however was conceived with the WEST in mind. Affluent societies produce small families, and even these are threatened y the selfishness of parents whose marriages do not last even when they have children.

China is not an affluent society although it is a nation with very small nuclear families. The problems seem to be the same  divorces, left-behind children etcetera. So maybe education should be considered.

However I have a strong suspicion that the real motive for the delegate to make his proposal is something else.. Something political.  Politics should be kept out of parent education! The syllabus should contain no Party politics, Mao worship and so on It should be about parents' responsibilities for themselves and their offspring. Something that lasts their lifetime and beyond.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 08:25:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-14 06:58
I am rubbing my eyes seeing this thread: the very idea is mine and I posted it in our Forum severa ...

I don't think his view is politics involved. Just like everyone has to pass a test to get a drivers license, or else he may endanger people's lives. Parents are shouldering more responsibility of raising kids and so couples thinking about having a kid need proper training.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.