Views: 2127|Replies: 54

No country comes even close to China in self-made female billionaires [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-9 22:51:52 |Display all floors

China is home to more self-made female billionaires than any other nation, according to Hurun Report. The Shanghai-based research firm marked International Women’s Day on March 8 by sharing its latest numbers. It counts 88 such billionaires in the world, and says China has 56 of them.

Topping the global list is Chen Lihua, popularly known as the “Beijing real estate queen.” Growing up in poverty in the Chinese capital, the high school dropout started off in furniture repair. She moved to Hong Kong in the early 1980s and got into real estate investing. Six years later, she established what is now Fu Wah International Group, a real estate giant involved in property development, asset management, and finance.
Following Chen is the “touchscreen queen” Zhou Qunfei, the founder of Lens, which is based in the Hunan province and makes touchscreens for mobile devices.

qz.com
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-10 21:13:20 |Display all floors
My gf is in that list
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-10 21:27:37 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-3-10 21:13
My gf is in that list

Mine tops the list. But I mustn't say it aloud for fear that my wife will hear me...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-10 21:30:34 |Display all floors
Now, millionairesses or billionairesses, that is completely irrelevant to me: they have dough, a lot of it, three zeroes more or less mean very little to a person who has so much money it doesn't define any differences in lifestyle or food uptake.

What I am interested in is - do these women owe their wealth to higher education? Does education make any difference in a country such as China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-10 21:35:12 |Display all floors
I would be interested to know the ages of these female billionaires. Are they all  married or left on the shelf because of their wealth?
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-11 09:50:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-10 21:27
Mine tops the list. But I mustn't say it aloud for fear that my wife will hear me...

Please do not impress upon others your IGNORANCE!
Probably, you are counting with one hand as the finger of the other is helping.
You are using your toes to help.
So, you barely go beyond three quarters of total number of your digits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-11 09:52:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-10 21:30
Now, millionairesses or billionairesses, that is completely irrelevant to me: they have dough, a lot ...

Please do not impress uon others your IGNORANCE!
Your brag about your knowledge just to prove your brain is empty and unsound.
Being stuck at the bottom of a dried well in Kuala Lumpur, you imagine you were in Singapore.
Perhaps, you yet to know your origins and other aspects of yourself - your gender - NEUTER.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.